1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

VOLUME POT acting as Tone Pot

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by wavey63, Sep 24, 2008.

1. wavey63

wavey63 Member

2. Rosewood

Rosewood Member

Sounds like you didn't ground the outside wiper of the pot. Check the diagram or post a pic of the inside.

3. Rosewood

Rosewood Member

I didn't mean to say ground the wiper but the outside tab/lug to ground.

4. wavey63

wavey63 Member

Will check that. It was wired like the diagram so hopefully I just missed it.I have to take the pickguard first. I should know never reassemble without testing!!!!:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono:nono

5. wavey63

wavey63 Member

Cold solder joint on the grounded lug...I guess at least cuz I reflowed solder and now is fine!!:dude