Voodoo anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Melodic Dreamer, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

2. jgyn

jgyn Member

I have the Blues, 1, Axis, Boost, X-Over and Vibe of the Voodoo family. Of the Rocket series I have the Axis, Classic, Octavia and Spitfire.

3. triviani

triviani Supporting Member

4. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Go on man, give us some info. How are they compared to other pedals you've played. Just name some likes and dislikes, that kind of thing. I'm interested.

5. jgyn

jgyn Member

Voodoo:
    The One is crunchier, more distortion-like than the Blues, which is an overdrive. The Boost is a cleanish bust that becomes fuzzy, much like the Colorsound Overdrive. The Axis is a hybrid transistor fuzz that sounds like Hendrix on 'Axis: Bold As Love. The Vibe is a strong, clear sounding vibe with added bias and symmetry controls, plus Vibrato AND Tremelo. (I noticed that you have the KR Megavibe, as do I. The Voodoo tends more to opposite- bright instead of swampy.)

Rocket:
    The Classic's a Germanium Fuzzface with Roger Mayer's Hendrix tweaks (more gain.) The Axis is as above. The Octavia has more octave than fuzz compared to other makes. The Spitfire's a distortion/fuzz that's smooth with lots of sustain.

6. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

I like the demo I posted, I wish there were more demos I could here.