Voodoo Lab Courtesy Outlet

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by phr34kme, Jan 17, 2015.

1. phr34kme

phr34kme Member

Hi! So first of all, I'm not that wise when it comes to electrical/electronic stuff (which I really think I should start learning since I play guitar :D). Anyway, on the Voodoo Lab Mondo, is it okay to power another power supply such as a Voodoo Lab PP2+ or a T-Rex Chameleon or will doing so fry the Mondo? Thanks!

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Yes, that's perfectly fine. Don't run your amp from there, but another power supply is just fine.

3. phr34kme

phr34kme Member

Thanks for that! Now all I have to do is look for a cheap mondo. :)

4. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

And Mondo AND a PP2+???? Board pics??? haha

5. phr34kme

phr34kme Member

Haha! Actually I have the T-Rex Chameleon not the PP2. For some reason I'm getting annoying buzz on some places and thought getting a different PSU such as the Mondo would be good since it's been a while since I spent something on my rig anyway. I'll mainly be using the Mondo then, just making sure I could plug in another power supply if I needed to because I hate mounting power strips below my board.

6. niassist

niassist Garage Rock Star Supporting Member

You should look into Cioks power supplies. There's an on going thread about noisy power supplies and Voodoo Labs tend to be the culprits. It's definitely worth looking the thread up. The Cioks supplies seem to be better shielded.

7. phr34kme

phr34kme Member

That sounds interesting. I thought Voodoo Labs PSUs are on-par with Cioks if not better. I need to look up that thread. Thanks for the heads up.

8. rck

rck Supporting Member

here's the thread: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1526217

I am interested in the Mu Metal shielding a PSU, that I asked about in it.

9. niassist

niassist Garage Rock Star Supporting Member