Voodoo Lab: Has the switch problem been corrected?

ZepFuzz05

I'm looking to grab a Voodoo Lab Proctavia, but I'm hesitant due to the fact that many people on both here and HC have claimed that Voodoo Lab switches are prone to failure. It seemed like a common problem, and I'm wondering exactly what units were affected and whether that problem's been addressed in the most recent models of pedals.

Specifically, there is an ad that states that the older non-LED pedals don't have this issue and it's the recent versions that are prone to switch failure. Is this true?

honduras

The newer pedals have the footswitch attached to the circuit board which is what has caused problems. The earlier pre LED models were attached to the chassis which made for a more stable coupling.

ZepFuzz05

Possibly, but it held up pretty well against the Octafuzz in the demos I've seen, plus I may be able to snag an older non-LED model for under $75 shipped - so it seems like a good deal.

mojoslide

The old one (pre-LED) is a nice pedal. I had one years ago and really liked the octavia tone I got from it. Pretty much a dead ringer for a Roger Mayer Octavia (silver spaceship) but in a smaller, powered package. $75 is a decent deal too.

JRC4558Dude

The newer pedals have the footswitch attached to the circuit board which is what has caused problems.
That is such a cheesy way to build pedals. :( I'll second the suggestion that the OP check out the Fulltone Octafuzz. It is obviously more $$$ than the used Proctavia, but it's nice to have the option of switching the octave off, and it sounds GREAT as a stand alone fuzz. The Octafuzz is also much better build quality than the Proctavia, IMHO.