Voodoo Lab - Output Splitter Adapter Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mpc, May 4, 2015.

1. mpc

mpc Member

I use a PP2+ and needed an extra power outlet for an additional pedal so I purchased the VL Output splitter adapter. I have placed it in socket 8 and from it want to power 2 pedals, a TC mini poly tuner & an exotic EP booster.

For some reason only 1 of the pedals is powering up. If i swap the power cable round the other pedal will power up?

Am i missing something here, i thought the idea of this splitter cable was to power 2 pedals from 1 socket on the PP2+ as long as both the pedals didn't exceed the max output of the socket which i'm sure these 2 pedals won't.

Please help.....

2. 8len8

8len8 Member

The second leg of that adapter only has the positive voltage going through it, not ground. This is to eliminate ground loop hum. It requires that both pedals powered off the adapter have a common ground (both are connected to each other in your audio path with patch cables).

3. mpc

mpc Member

Got you, for convenience I was using 2 pedals that were next to each other however 1 was in the fx loop and 1 in line. I have just tried 2 in line pedals with the splitter and hey presto it's worked.

Thanks for you help...