• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Voodoo Lab Pedal Switcher vs. Loop Master Box

kldonegan

Hello all...

I'm working with this board at the moment:

I've figured out how to make enough room for a looping system, and have narrowed it down to either the Voodoo Lab Pedal switchers or a plain ole Loop-Master setup. I wanted to know what the difference would be between the two setups.

Here's how I feel so far:

Voodoo Lab - Seems cool. I like the buffer idea and the fact that I could insert my volume pedal in the TRS insert point. Midi is not needed at the moment, but it'd be nice to be half way there if I ever decided to. Cons are that I'd have to purchase a PPAC to run them (PP2 is full...), and I don't really dig how the switches go left to right. Little OCD, but it doesn't seem as intuitive to me. I'd be out almost $700 bucks with this setup

Loop-Master: I'd get a 6 loop and a 3 loop switch so I could insert the volume pedal before the delays. This would also leave me with one extra slot to plug in random modulation pedals that I may use at the moment. I'd need a buffer, and the SHO seems like it would do the job nicely. I wouldn't have to purchase an extra power supply. Cons - basically no cons, but questions. I track a fair amount, and can't have a lot of popping going on. Do these things have that true bypass pop going on? Is there a huge sonic difference between the two systems?

I'm basically trying to get as close to a straight in sound as I can with the ability to add in only what I need for the song. Thanks for the input.

aziltz

voodoo lab is coming out with new models that run on 9v DC, but there isn't a buffer or insert jack anymore.

kldonegan

voodoo lab is coming out with new models that run on 9v DC, but there isn't a buffer or insert jack anymore.
So that would rule out the two things I dug about theirs. Awesome.

Any input on the Loop-Master things, tone wise? Any of that nasty popping?

aziltz

So that would rule out the two things I dug about theirs. Awesome.

Any input on the Loop-Master things, tone wise? Any of that nasty popping?
well i dont know if they are discontinuing the current one, but at Namm they had a 4 and an 8 loop switcher, DC, without the Buffer and Insert Jack.

Visual Guy

Silver Supporting Member
I'd be interested to move this discussion forward as I am now in the same dilemma 8 years later as the OP... thoughts on updated versions, etc.

Banditt

I have the voodoo labs and have used it for a few years. As far as the 1 to 4 loops being left to right, the actual send and returns of the loops on the switcher are right to left on the back. It makes complete sense and is intuitive. The insert is excellent for a volume pedal. I use loop 1, 2, 3 for overdrives and fuzzes and 4 for all delays, chorus, reverb, etc. Having the volume pedal post overdrive and pre delay is perfect.

Trending Topics