Voodoo Labs ISO-5 owners - super quick favor to ask!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zwolf, Feb 8, 2012.

1. zwolf

zwolf Member

I'm making some modifications for a friend's pedalboard and I'm thinking he's going to need an ISO 5 to compliment his PP2. I've never used one before, but assume that they come with similar mounting ears for pedaltrain boards? If this assumption is correct, would someone be able to make a quick measurement of the total length the ISO takes up mounted on the underside of a pedaltrain board, INCLUDING the rack ears. So a measurement from ear edge to ear edge. He's got some pretty crowded real estate under there and I want to make sure I can fit it ahead of buying one...

Please and thanks!

2. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

not the same size, but I'm sure the ears could be attached but it would not line up with the holes in the board. if you can drill new hole I see no problem. an email to VDL would be in order to verify if the screw holes are in the same place on the two units.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

The depth of the PP2+ and the ISO-5 are the same. The widths are not however. I don't know if the screws on the sides are the same. I believe the mounting brackets are the same though, since Pedaltrain introduced them to the market. If anything, just modify the mounting brackets like Ed mentioned.

4. Kevin_28

Kevin_28 Member

I have an iso-5 under my pt-2 board. It fits well with the brackets that came with the pt-2. I did have to move the rubber feet a little further in though. Unfortunately, I can't really get you the exact measurement right now.