Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe noisy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamison162, Jan 26, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Great pedal for the money...only negative for is it's a little noisy, adds some hiss. Anyone else have this issue...or do all vibes add noise. It is a set level when it's on...doesn't vary with settings. Thanks.

2. bluntage

bluntage Member

My Fulltone Dejavibe 2 doesn't add any noise or hiss... engaged or not. I've also owned a Sweet Sound MoFaux vibe, Lovepedal Vibe, and even a Dunlop Rotovibe that weren't noisy. Probably not what you want to hear but maybe it's that particular unit.

Hope you figure out the problem!

:(

3. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

My current Micro-Vibe is dead quiet. I have had 3 different ones though, and they are all a bit different as is par for the course with a photocell oriented effect.

All the three I had were quiet though - the difference was in a slight difference in the character of the "throb" if ya know what I mean. The one I have now rules and has been on my board for about 4 years. No complaints at all. Awesome vibe sound. :D

4. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

I always felt the Microvibe was too noisy - not horribly so but way too much for my preference. I've tried a few out and all were pretty hissy. Of course it all depends on the amount of gain you use too. I had a Rotovibe (among other vibe pedals) that was dead silent in comparison. I also thought the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus was noisy too, but what a great chorus sound. I think it's partly just the nature of their analog construction.

5. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Well, it's quiet when off and I don't use it a whole lot so it'll do. Thanks.

Oh, are the Voodoo Labs pedals True Bypass or buffered?

6. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

True Bypass. ;)

7. s2khawk

s2khawk Member

my microvibe seems real quiet, and its one of the only pedals besides my wah thats been a keeper on the board for several years... but I also use all single coils and handmade tube amps so theres always some noise all the time :)

8. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

That's what I say about my wife.
    But seriously folks...
    ...I owned the Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe and Analog Chorus. Both had higher noise floors than I like, but if you like the sound of the unit - it'll do.

9. doug reichert

doug reichert Member

Mine throbbed audibly even when it wasn't engaged, until I tried a different power supply.

10. Terry Hayes

Terry Hayes Member

I get some hiss with mine even though it is powered by a PP2. However, in a band situation it is not noticeable.

Terry

11. Gigbag

Gigbag Member

Zero noise with mine for 3 years running.

12. willyredeemed

willyredeemed Member

isolate the power and dont run it off of a daisy chain.

13. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Guess some are noisy and some are not. I was running guitar > MV > amp with a dedicated 9v adapter.

14. NicDo

NicDo Member

Mine has a tiny bit of noise when running otherwise clean. nothing you'd notice with a band. running thorugh the loops in my G System, it sounds really good w/ low noise, until i turn on one or more drive pedals with it, and the noise is VERY noticeable. hissy. probably wouldn't if i used VL pedal power.

Just got a MoFaux today, so we'll see how they compare in the same situation, powered by the G system.....

15. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Give us a report on how it compares to the MV when you get a chance.

16. burner

burner Member

Same here.
    I think it's agreat sounding pedal though.