Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 (Courtesy Outlet)

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone know if I open up my Pedal Power 2 (not the plus), could I rotate the courtesy outlet to it's facing sideways instead of vertical?

Scrat

Does anyone know if I open up my Pedal Power 2 (not the plus), could I rotate the courtesy outlet to it's facing sideways instead of vertical?
I don't know the answer for your PP2, but I asked Voodoo Lab about doing the same to a Mondo, and was informed that it wouldn't be trivial, as the IEC jack is keyed into the chassis. I expect the same applies to the PP2. They suggested I might want to get a custom IEC cable made, and someday I'll probably get around to doing that.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I don't know the answer for your PP2, but I asked Voodoo Lab about doing the same to a Mondo, and was informed that it wouldn't be trivial, as the IEC jack is keyed into the chassis. I expect the same applies to the PP2. They suggested I might want to get a custom IEC cable made, and someday I'll probably get around to doing that.
The IEC is keyed in because of the way the chassis is punched out to accept the IEC connector. The OP is talking about the accessory outlet however. That outlet is a part that can be ordered via Mouser and other electronics parts distributors. I will open one up and get back to you. When I do use the accessory outlet to connect two VL PSU, I do use a rotatable 3 prong outlet so I can orientate it properly.

Scrat

The IEC is keyed in because of the way the chassis is punched out to accept the IEC connector. The OP is talking about the accessory outlet however. That outlet is a part that can be ordered via Mouser and other electronics parts distributors. I will open one up and get back to you. When I do use the accessory outlet to connect two VL PSU, I do use a rotatable 3 prong outlet so I can orientate it properly.
Apparently Voodoo Lab and I had a miscommunication, and I've now asked them for clarification. I originally asked about the courtesy outlet (the NEMA 5-15R receptacle), but the response was re. the IEC-60320-C14 inlet. (At the time I didn't know about the NEMA and IEC nomenclature.)

MattyBucks

Silver Supporting Member
I tried to do this exact thing so that I could use a 1-spot style adapter on the courtesy outlet plugged in between the front rails of a new model pedaltrain. Unfortunately it does not look like it can be done. Older model PP2's had the courtesy outlets angled the other way and it would have worked perfectly. Not sure why they changed it. Perhaps changing some parts around would make this possible, but it didn't seem like something I was willing to do.

Scrat

Apparently Voodoo Lab and I had a miscommunication, and I've now asked them for clarification. I originally asked about the courtesy outlet (the NEMA 5-15R receptacle), but the response was re. the IEC-60320-C14 inlet.
I tried to do this exact thing so that I could use a 1-spot style adapter on the courtesy outlet plugged in between the front rails of a new model pedaltrain. Unfortunately it does not look like it can be done.
And now confirmed by Voodoo Lab, unfortunately. The tech support rep keeps calling it IEC rather than NEMA, but I think I've been pretty clear twice now that I'm asking about the courtesy outlet.

Dolphineus

"The game of ball is glorious." -Walt Whitman
Platinum Supporting Member
jnepo1,
Any update on the part from Mouser? Thanks for your time.

Trending Topics