1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Voodoo labs pp2+ question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sa1126, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sa1126

sa1126 Member

I see lots of people running 10+ pedals on their board with only one of these. Do you just daisy chain one of the outputs? :confused:

Sorry for the noob question- the time has come to upgrade from the one-spot.

2. astroboy581

astroboy581 Member

the pp2+ also has another power input that u can plug a one spot or a godlyke power all to power additional pedals or things that it can't power (like an EHX POG, or Whammy pedal). i do that from time to time with my smaller pedal board, but on my big board i have 2 pp2+s.
    i upgraded to the pp2+ because i was getting ground loop hum with the power all ( i daisy chained another 6 power jacks to the 6 it already had. . . not a good idea!). hope that helps.

3. sense_of_henry

sense_of_henry Member

Yep, you can daisy chain. People also daisy chain from their TU-2. Have a look at the mA ratings for each PP2+ outputs and how many mAs your pedals need and you can easily daisy chain as many as you want as long as you stay within the requirements.

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Anyone tried the Boss PSA 120S yet? It has 9vdc and 500ma avaliable. Looks like a 1spot.

5. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

i daisy chain from my tu-2 but also one other output is daisy chained for my true bypass loopers too.

6. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Outputs 5 and 6 are 250mA where the other outputs are only 100mA. Daisy chain out of one of the higher mA outputs or both.

7. jdh4him

jdh4him Member

OR,
    I daisy-chain 3 pedals on one of the 100mA outputs. Korg Tuner, Loop-Master A/B/Both and 1 OD pedal. They're never on at the same time...no issues.

Ibanez makes a 3-to-1 adapter that's perfect size.

8. riker4208

riker4208 Member

never thought of this....thanks!

9. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

It depends on what you are daisy chaining. I would see no issue with daisy chaining 4-5 OD pedals from a 100mA output.