Voodoo Labs tremolo, has issue, please help...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bluesbreaker59, Apr 9, 2008.

1. bluesbreaker59

bluesbreaker59 Silver Supporting Member

Ok, so last night at band practice, I noticed that when the trem pedal was in line with my Fat Boost, that it was cutting volume when it was off. Even when it was the ONLY pedal in line, it was still cutting volume when it was off. When I engage the pedal my volume came back up, and then had its beautiful trem sound. I tried it with a new 9 volt, and my One Spot adapter.

I noticed this last weekend at my gig too, I had a red knob twin as backline turned up to 9, and was barely cutting through. I just thought the amp was shot.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with it. Usually it works flawlessly, and has been a great trem pedal for me. Any ideas what is going on??? Voodoo Labs are true bypass now according to their literature.

2. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

Bad switch (most likely anyway)...I had a VL pedal do something similar. I replaced the switch and the problem went away.

3. neil99

neil99 Member

I had a sparkledrive with a similar issue, they are kind of known for bad switches. Call them, email doesn't seem to work very well IMO. They will likely give you an return authorization number and should fix it no charge.

4. KRosser

KRosser Member

Why wouldn't you just contact Voodoo Labs directly about this?

They don't bite...

5. TweedBassman

TweedBassman Member

2nd'd on the switch.

6. HipKitty

HipKitty Silver Supporting Member

Definitely get a hold of Voodoo Labs directly...they should help you solve this easily.

7. readymade

readymade Supporting Member

Had the same problem. . . Voodoo Labs took it back and replaced the switch, no problem. Great customer service.