1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Voodoo modded my dual rec

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mangley, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mangley

mangley Member

I just recieved my dual rec back from voodoo amps with the deluxe mod and Ruby tubes and I can tell you it sounds awesome. Its sounds as good as claimed on their web site and as good as everyone on this forum said it would.

The amp was packed so well it took me 10 minutes to get the bubble wrap off of it.

I wish I could post clips, but I am not set up to do it. It could be the deluxe mod, but the clips on the site don't give enough justice to the sounds I am getting from this amp now.

2. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

That's great, man. I've been jonesing for a Voodoo TSL for sometime now. Too many other things to spend money on right now.

3. gulliver

gulliver Member

... Voodoo is a perfect name ... the vibe is kinda haunting, I think. I just joined the club along with you; read JCM800.

4. sled

sled Member

5. gulliver

gulliver Member

Mine has the same mods; deluxe with Ruby tubes. The website outlines the changes. I have an H&K Tube Factor pedal, which give similar but better distortion than the amp on it's own. Between the two, the tone and dynamics are awesome. The difference between semi-clean and full on distortion can be had with the guitar volume knob - more so than any setup I've ever played.

6. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Trace is a genius. My next amp will be a Dual Rectifier modded by him.:dude

7. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

mangley

We're very happy to hear you are enjoying the new tones! If there is ever anything you need please do not hesitate to call or email us :)

Have fun playing
    Trace

8. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

Mine has the same mods; deluxe with Ruby tubes. The website outlines the changes. I have an H&K Tube Factor pedal, which give similar but better distortion than the amp on it's own. Between the two, the tone and dynamics are awesome. The difference between semi-clean and full on distortion can be had with the guitar volume knob - more so than any setup I've ever played.

It's truly great to hear you are happy with your amp. If you should need anything what so ever please do not hesitate to contact us. We're always here for our customers :)

Thanks for posting
    Trace

9. nsriley

nsriley Member

That's sweet! Trace does excellent work! I had a TSL122 combo that was full out modded by him, and it sounded way way better than stock! :dude

-peace
    -Nate

10. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

Trace is a genius. My next amp will be a Dual Rectifier modded by him.

I'venever considered myself to be a genius but I do thank you for the overly kind words. We would be more than happy to work with you on getting you the tones you are looking for from your amp. Feel free to give us a call and you can ask to speak with me directly if you like as I would be happy to talk with you about your needs. I hope this finds you doing well my friend and if you need anything please just let us know.

Thanks so much! :)
    Trace

11. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

That's sweet! Trace does excellent work! I had a TSL122 combo that was full out modded by him, and it sounded way way better than stock!

Hey Nate, great to see you here (or maybe you are here more than I am--ha, ha). How are you doing? How have things been going for you? I hope all is well with you and yours my good sir.

Have a great Thursday morning Nate! :)
    Trace

12. nsriley

nsriley Member

Hey Trace! I am doing well, thanks! Yeah I read more than post around here, LOL! I gotta stop in your place sometime. My wife and I sometimes head down to the Cornell Lab down that way. We'll have to make a side trip next time ;)

-Peace
    -Nate

13. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

Okay, you guys have to stop, I have a Rec which I think sounds good, please don't give me 'Mod-GAS'! :D

14. johnc

johnc Member

I've always thought those clips of the Modded Rectifier on the Voodoo site sound awesome. I'm tempted to look around for a used Rectifier and send to them to modded.

Does the mod allow you to get good tones out of the amp at reasonable volumes?

15. mangley

mangley Member

Awesome tones at quiet "bedroom" volumes without an attenuator and using a 4x12.

16. Erik

Erik Member

The tones are great at lower levels, until you crank the amp up and hear how much better it sounds at gig levels. :)

17. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

IT IS TRUE, MY TREMOVERB was modded by Voodooamps and it is a great sounding amp.

I onle have one problem with Trace at Voodooamps,

he wouldn't mod my Jetta!!!:mad: :p :D

18. johnc

johnc Member

So the Mod actually imporved this characteristic of the amp? I never thought an un-modded Rectiifier sounded that great a low levels.

19. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

it sounds better, but it is not like you will not need an attenuator!!!

20. The Eristic

The Eristic Member

Trace's amp designs are pretty phenomenal, too. I wish he'd get a dealer down here. I'd be willing to bet George (at Discount) would pick him up.