Voodoo PP2 Plus help!

Ruiner

Just set up my new pedalboard tonight. Previously i was using a 1Spot and had all of this running from it except the timeline without any problems.

I'm not to savvy when it comes to this aspect and sure could use a little help. I'm worried i may have plugged something in wrong that will cause problems but most of all, i'm one plug short for plugging in the Ecstasy IF i have everything else plugged in correctly.

I'll list the current setup below. If anyone can recommend a better way especially if i have something wrong i would GREATLY appreciate it!

1 and 2 - coupled to Fulltone OCD with a voltage doubler (not sure this is necessary, just what i read on this forum somewhere)
3 - Way Huge Supa-Puss
4 - split cable to tuner and ditto
5 - Strymon Bluesky
6 - Blackstar Effectors Twosome Special Deluxe
7 and 8 - coupled to Strymon Timeline with a current doubler

All inputs set to NORMAL

HELP!

Last edited:

335fuzzdelay

I would do the following:

1) Put the Blackstar first in chain and run it on a carbon battery

2) Try the OCD with 12V (outputs 1-4, DIP switch on), using a single output instead of using two outputs to give it 18V

3) Give at least 300mA for each of the Strymons using current doubler cables to the outputs 4 and 5 for one of them and 6 and 7 for the other

4) Use the three ones left for the remaining pedals

Hope it helps

you are close - but the timeline requires a lot of current. it needs to be like this:

1 and 2 - coupled to Fulltone OCD with a voltage doubler (not sure this is necessary, just what i read on this forum somewhere) -<
3 - Way Huge Supa-Puss
4 - split cable to tuner and ditto
5 - Strymon Bluesky
6 +7 via current doubler - Strymon Timeline
8 - Blackstar Effectors Twosome Special Deluxe

ALL switches normal, like you have them.

you need to tap the current doubler into 6+7 to get the total amount of current the hungry timeline needs.

this should work fine, but you are at your limit. if you get another power supply id recommend one for the digital pedals like the Voodoo Labs 'Digital'.

best,
Mike

stinkfoot

Is there any special reason to run the Blackout Twosome from #6? Does it really need the extra current capacity of that output?

Running the Timeline from 7/8 with a current doubler probably won't cut it - Strymon say 300mA minimum for that one, and that combination will only give 200mA. You could try it from output 6, which has 250mA. if that doesn't work, add output 7 (using the current doubler). This assumes the Twosome can run off output 8 (100mA) alone.

Edit: Mike beat me to it :D

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I've previously measured the mA of the Timeline and got a reading of around 230mA. The BlueSky was less than 200mA.

Ruiner

Very helpful, thanks guys! Surprised i was so close!

I will try Mike's setup recommendation when I get home and see if that gets it all humming.

Also, since nobody said anything i'm assuming i am using the doublers correctly with the VOLTAGE doubler on the OCD and the CURRENT doubler on the Timeline? Honestly i'm not exactly sure what the difference is and just went with it.

If i need extra space i'll try 335fuzzdelay's advice on the OCD, but the Bluesky seems fine on 5 by itself and Strymon's website says the same.

Thanks again all!

Ruiner

I'll also be adding an Infinity Looper and a Hexe The Carrier III in the next few weeks. I'm assuming the easiest way to power the Hexe is to get something like this a
12VAC 500MA AC-to-AC Wall Adapter Power Supply

and use the courtesy plug since it requires 12VAC and i don't believe the PP2+ or the Digital will work with that. If anyone has a better recommendation for that scenario i'm all ears!

Sounds like if i add a Voodoo Digital i'll be good for the future add ons and then some....

335fuzzdelay

Also, since nobody said anything i'm assuming i am using the doublers correctly with the VOLTAGE doubler on the OCD and the CURRENT doubler on the Timeline? Honestly i'm not exactly sure what the difference is and just went with it.
Be careful not to mix the doubler cables! Otherwise you could fry the Timeline if you use the voltage doubler cable with it.

The opposite wouldn't be a problem for the OCD

Check it with a multimeter if you're not sure

Ruiner

Be careful not to mix the doubler cables! Otherwise you could fry the Timeline if you use the voltage doubler cable with it.

The opposite wouldn't be a problem for the OCD

Check it with a multimeter if you're not sure
Yeah i have the current doubler on the Timeline and the voltage doubler on the OCD. Seems that is correct. Please let me know if not!

Ruiner

One more question. If i add another power pedal would the DIGITAL or the 4X4 be the better option for my setup and which ones would i plug into that? Thanks again guys, this has been a huge help.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
When dealing with powering your board, it's a good idea to list your pedals and their power requirements. That way, you can easily reference what you need and therefore find the correct PSU for your board.

Trending Topics