Voodoo Vibe Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by benbenben, Jan 3, 2008.

1. benbenben

benbenben Member

I've been really wanting to amp up my modulation pedal section as there's been a lack of in that area as I've been focusing on drives.. which I'm now done with..

Question... with the voodoo vibe, it says theres a tremolo, chorus and vibrato setting.... Are these seperate effects in themselves, or is the chorus/vibrato the setting in a VIBE type pedal. Does it mean the pedal is more of a tremolo AND a Vibe pedal (with chorus and vibrato settings)?

I'm looking for a pedal that'll cover the few grounds of chorus,trem,vibrato, vibe and phaser. I've got a nano small stone, but I dunno how that'd compare... Any possibilities and suggestions you guys got?

2. Aruntang

Aruntang Member

It is definitely three effects in one. Trem, vibrato, and chorus. The pedal definitely is related to the univibe but the pedal is so tweakable that it can do a lot more that just that. I am not sure if it can do phaser like sounds, though you might find them in the chorus mode with some tweaks. I absolutely love this pedal. The vibrato mode is exactly that. I think it is somewhat unique as I like it much better than any other vibrato pedals I have heard, whether a dedicated pedal or 1 side of a univibe or univibe clone. All three effects are strong though I personally tend to use the vibrato and chorus modes the most.

3. mr.blacksummer

mr.blacksummer Member

the voodoo vibe is a monster of a pedal...super tweakable...it's pretty insane.
    all 3 modes are separate, and are very very quality, usable, great sounding effects.
    not the most accurate univibe sound out there...but still totally lush and cool sounding. as well as the chorus, I loved the trem in this pedal.

4. Aruntang

Aruntang Member

This clip of the Voodoo vibe has always impressed me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2JcRPP1ZI

It definitely feels different and isn't an accurate univibe clone, but damn does it feel good to play. The throb which you can adjust using the bias knob just kills!

5. benbenben

benbenben Member

So the pedal is a trem, a chorus, a VIBRATO and a uni vibe pedal? All in one? Or is the "vib" just a vibe pedal..

6. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

The Vibrato is vibrato (pitch modulation).
    The Chorus is Univibe (phased modulation).
    The Tremolo is tremolo (amplitude modulation).

:BEER

7. Oddos

Oddos Member

Chorus and vib as on a univibe. It`s just so tweakable you can do so much more. Trem is totally independent. Uses the same controls, though.

The only downside is you can only have one sound and you better take notes with that many knobs to find it again.

8. mr.blacksummer

mr.blacksummer Member

yep..this is the downside..
    I ended up finding a setting with all the knobs where all 3 effects sounded pretty good...but to really get the most out of each effect the settings had to be totally changed..and thats a lot of knobs to deal with. more of a studio tool than a pedal board box...takes up sufficient board space as well. still...
    a great pedal.