voodoolab Commander is not compatible with Damage control Glass nexus?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by flaaa123, Jan 14, 2008.

1. flaaa123

flaaa123 Member

I'd been waiting for my voodoolab pedal switcher and commander for quite a while until it arrived 2 days ago. I hooked them up immediately with the Damage control Time Line and Glass Nexus. but I was wandering why the commander just changed the program on the Timeline and did nothing with the Glass nexus. I was desperate. until then I read the manual and found out that the commander only send program change message to MIDI Channel 1 only. and the Glass nexus receive only Program change message channel 2. I was not used to MIDI things. so I wasn't aware with this kind of matter at the time. Now I 'm just clueless. I don't know what to do with the Glass nexus. is there any way I can utilize the Glass nexus in my rig to its maximum ability? why Voodoolab makes the commander to only compatible with Midi channel 1? is that because they want to protect their Groundcontrol pro's ability??? why damage control makes the Glass nexus only to respond only to midi chanel 2?

2. Voodoo Lab

Voodoo Lab Member

Well, sometimes you can’t account for everything. We’re good friends with the folks at Damage Control so we just discussed the problem. Yes, according to Damage Control, the Timeline is on MIDI channel 1, and the Glass Nexus is on channel 2. They did this on purpose so there wouldn’t be any MIDI conflicts if they were both in the same MIDI rig.

Our Commander sends only on channel 1. Since Commander is extremely compact, doesn’t have memory or a display for MIDI mapping, we decided to send MIDI on the standard: channel 1. Protecting the Ground Control Pro’s features was not a deciding factor in this. The Ground Control Pro has a large alphanumeric display, memory, expression pedal inputs, and tons of mapping features. Plainly, it’s a different product designed for a somewhat different customer.

Long term, the team at Damage Control said they would be happy to put together a quick, downloadable firmware update to resolve the problem. In your case, since you already have both products, we’ll probably be able to make you a custom firmware chip for your Commander. Both Voodoo Lab and Damage Control appreciate every single customer who uses our products. Customer support is extremely important to Voodoo Lab.

Please feel free to PM with your contact info so we can discuss your firmware.

Also, Damage Control has also said you are more than welcome to call them about a firmware update: (805) 480-9229

Regards,

James Santiago
    VP Marketing/Product Development
    Voodoo Lab

3. hbentley

hbentley Member

that was a hell of response...great support!

4. mischultz

mischultz Member

+1

I love the fact that good people and good product still coincide from time to time. Well done...

Michael

5. flaaa123

flaaa123 Member

WOW. it's unbelievable! +1000 :)