VOS finish cracks from factory?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Tritone, Sep 4, 2019.

1. LarryWallwart

LarryWallwart Member

just tell yourself it was factory and learn to be OK with it. I am a fan of relics, but it's kind of silly to think about in your situation. If it was factory, it's ok, if not, then there is a problem. either way it's still the same crack.

2. Tritone

Tritone Member

Thanks for all the replies confirming my suspicion. Actually, I reached out to Gibson and sent pictures via email and they also confirmed that the cracks were not part of the VOS treatment.

Thankfully I was able to work out an arrangement with the seller. I believe the seller when he says that the cracks were on the guitar when he bought it new, and that he was under the impression that it was part of the VOS treatment. It seems likely the guitar was exposed to cold or rapid temperature change at some point during shipping or when he first received it.

Anyway, I absolutely love the guitar. I was looking for a guitar with a perfect neck carve (for me), great sounds (for me), and a Bigsby. Here it is next to my ES-339:

[​IMG]