• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

VOS Les Paul Jr vs PRS SE One

roknfnrol

Gold Supporting Member

The Jr is stock, the PRS has a Duncan Vintage P90.

I'm really getting into single-pickup guitars... These sound pretty close, the PRS is brighter.

Last edited:

jkr

Gold Supporting Member
Interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing. They are in the same ballpark, but the Gibson seems to have more punch, bottom end, and clarity, but that's just how it sounds coming from my computer.

roknfnrol

Gold Supporting Member
Interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing. They are in the same ballpark, but the Gibson seems to have more punch, bottom end, and clarity, but that's just how it sounds coming from my computer.
You're correct. That's pretty much it. The PRS can get there with a bit of EQ'ing. The Gibson though, damn, it's freakin' awesome.

JKjr

I'm curious how much a pickup upgrade would affect that?
My SE sounds pretty good acoustically and the Duncans weren't catching it. They're in a box somewhere around here...But having owned and played many Juniors thru the years I just don't think an SE has the wood to bring the punch and bottom. It's still good to me but a different thing.

BuddyGuit

Silver Supporting Member
Not to derail but what Z and speakers are you using? I agree the Gibson sounds fatter and the SE is brighter. Both good though IMO.

DICKIE C

Interesting. The PRS guitars that I'ved played were always dark sounding. Nice A/B demo!

I'm still diggin' that Remedy. I see you do also as you still have it. :)D lol)

Trending Topics