Vote - H9 vs Slate+Exp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ryandfl, Mar 6, 2015.

1. ryandfl

ryandfl Supporting Member

I know both would be ideal. That's might be what I end up with. But if you had to go with just one...

H9 or Slate with Exp

Cost difference is a valid consideration here, but more about sound and ease of use.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. playguitar6789

playguitar6789 Supporting Member

I feel like the H9 would have more editable parameters and ultimately more sound possibilities. The Slate and ExP are cool, but you've gotta remember which colors are which presets and you only get 2 presets for each of four sounds...I don't know, I've only heard the Neunaber stuff in person, but the H9 seems like the more versatile option (though I do own the WET for one of my verbs).

3. muletrane

muletrane Supporting Member

I don't see a choice for both.

dickjonesify likes this.
  4. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

I have a couple H9s and a Slate/ExP on my board. They are both good, but If I had to throw one off my board the Slate would go before either of the H9s.

5. willem

willem Member

I just sold my H9 which I had for about 2 years (had one of the firsts). I even had 2 H9 on my pedalboard. Finally I didn't use so much different sounds. It makes really crazy sounds that you can tweak, so much parameters. That's really nice as you play alone at home, in my band it was different. I go for the slate + exp, I hold a long and short reverb, a shimmer and a delay. I also bought an analog delay. The only thing I'll miss is something for some pitch settings I had. I now need to buy a new tuner
    Still waiting, I'll tell you if I regret my choice.

6. ryandfl

Both is too easy

7. ryandfl

I'm going with the Slate + Exp for now.

Surprised the poll didn't get more traction.

8. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    I did not vote, as my New Year's resolution is to buy an H9 and a Neunaber Slate and the expander thingy. I love the Neunaber Shimmer on the Seraphim and having the extra Neunbaer offerings for only about $100 more is really a great deal.

The H9 while offering some of the same sounds, inho is not to be compared to the Neunaber. It is a totally different thing. But, having the reverb, and delays separate and apart from the H9, does free up the H9 for things it can do when an algorithm in the H9 does not offer the delays and reverbs to do that particular sound such as harmonies.

9. Resonate01

Resonate01 Member

As much as I love the Wet, and the capabilities of the v2 with an exp pedal, the H9 would be my choice between the two. It's simply too powerful to resist. MIDI capabilities, editable parameters through the iPhone app, smallish size, fairly simple interface. H9 for sure.

hendrik7 likes this.
  10. SpiritShooter

SpiritShooter Supporting Member

I have been tortured with the same decision. I ordered an H9 Max and the Neunaber Slate / EXP.
    Sound wise, they are both quality. I find the H9 easier to edit parameter and of course it is an all in one unit.

The one thing about the H9 is I can connect it to my MIDI Controller, the Slate can not.
    Decisions, decisions, but I got a killer deal on a new H9 Max....$449.00.

Too good to pass up......

I wish someone could just make my decision for me.
    Jake

11. minty901

minty901 Member

Neunaber is bringing out a new pedal in a week or so, so that could be the definitive answer to this question.

NedZ, liordino and dickjonesify like this.
  12. jm9239

jm9239 Member

H9 all the way