Vovox Sonorus Vs. Pete Cornish HDF Silver Signature.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Leftyman, May 2, 2016.

1. Leftyman

Leftyman Silver Supporting Member

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with both of these cables. I currently have 2 Pete Cornish cables on each side of my board. I recently played through a Vovox Sonorus at a local guitar shop and was very impressed. My only concern is the capacitance. Vovox states 75pf per meter while the Pete Cornish are 190pf per meter. That is a pretty big difference. I really like the sound of the Pete Cornish cables, I'm just not too excited about how they lay. They seem to get tangled up pretty easy. I might just purchase 1 Vovox from the guitar to board since the other doesn't really matter. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Zeon45

Zeon45 Member

I quit looking for the "best" cables after getting the Cornish Silver Sig. Great cables and they really aren't that expensive. Never tried the VoVox BTW.

3. Leftyman

I'm not really looking for the best because just like everything else, that can be a pretty deep rabbit hole. All in all, I am very happy with the Cornish cables. I just liked the way the Vovox laid on the ground better. That's why I am thinking if I do end up getting one, I really only need one cable going from the guitar to the board.

4. lv

lv Supporting Member

I've had both the vovox is noticeably brighter.

5. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

I am a firm believer that total capacitance of an instrument cable is the only thing that determines the interaction and tone between your cable and pickups. My personal cable that I use now is 15 ft long with a capacitance per length of 37 pF/ft. It sounds amazing with my guitars, so I would recommend the Vovox between the two you're asking about.

However... I would recommend any number of other cables/making your own. I don't believe a guitar cable should ever cost that much.

6. Leftyman

Right now I am running a 4 meter Cornish cable from guitar to board. If I was to purchase a Vovox I was thinking of getting the 19 foot to help with the brightness. Longer than I need but I'm afraid if I get the 11 footer it will be too bright. 75pf/m is about as low as I have seen. That obviously translates to 25pf/f which is even lower than the cable you are currently using.

7. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

Right, I would say the 19 foot Vovox would be the better of the two options. And I actually just checked on my cable, and it turns out to be 23 pF/ft after all. The Vovox should sound fantastic.

8. laninga

laninga Member

any other experiences???

9. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Both are very good cables. I currently use Vovox Sonorus and Evidence Audio Forte. I love the sound I get and the way the cables lay.