Vox AC151C Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jett, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

I was not looking at VOX amps, but trying out nice combos with reverb. I was playing a Goodsell (very nice amp) and decided to plug in the vox just for fun. I was blown away by how this pretty inexpensive amp sounded. The only thing I did not like about it was the gold VOX emblem and the gold plated stripe across the front. I painted the emblem to match the corners, handle and vents and pulled the gold off the stripe which is easy to do. I might replace the black strip with white piping. This amp is great and handles pedals very well. I know they are two different animals, but I liked this amp so much I sold my Suhr Badger (awesome amp) seeing that is was just sitting in the corner. With what I sold my Badger for I covered the cost of this great little amp and put some cash in my pocket.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. LoganKade

LoganKade Member

Looks killer! I picked up their last limited edition AC15c1 that was all red, I dig yours a lot though. especially that plain grey grill

3. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

Thanks...I had not seen the red ones and just googled it. Very nice looking amp as well.

QUOTE=LoganKade;12562604]Looks killer! I picked up their last limited edition AC15c1 that was all red, I dig yours a lot though. especially that plain grey grill[/QUOTE]

4. Dale

Dale Member

It looks great. My AC15C1 is a great amp which see a lot of playing time here.

5. guitarrhinoceros

guitarrhinoceros Senior Member

6. Sammicus15

Sammicus15 Member

Looks great! Mine should be here today, very excited!!

7. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

I cant say enough about this amp, it gets better every day. Sounded great right out of the gate, but I did change out the tubes to JJ's. The new tubes made it even better. I also changed the black strip to white piping which was another nice visual improvement. Enjoy and hope yours is as great as mine.

8. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

Yes, JJs are great power tubes. I love their ECC803S Gold Pins for preamp tubes.

Congrats! Nice amp. I saw the limited edition "blue" amps at the Seattle Guitar Center---they look even better in person.

9. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

I've been jonesing for this amp in a bad way. They've got one at the local GC and I spent a half hour with it with one of my own guitars last week. I just need to sell my MOD50 first. :)

10. Sammicus15

Sammicus15 Member

I love mine! It looks cool and sounds great. I always liked the AC15C1 and when it came out in this color scheme I couldn't say no. I haven't had a nice amp for awhile (I'm holding out for my Xits X10 - been waiting over two years now) and suddenly playing is a blast again. Thinking about getting an A/B box to use for switching between Normal and Top Boost - would that work ok?

11. brandnewzo

brandnewzo Member

Man, that is a sexy looking amp. I have one of the black AC15's and I love it to death

12. david(j)

david(j) Supporting Member

I'm on the hunt for an ac15c1. That is beautiful!

13. Unadan

Unadan Member

These should ship with a Celestion alnico blue speaker - that would round it out nicely.

BTW they have these in stock at PGS.

14. Tuberoast

Tuberoast Silver Supporting Member

Sweetwater has them in stock

15. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

I'm still wondering if I should go for the Handwired or the Custom. The Custom has an effects loop which IMO is a big plus for a tube amp. Hmmm

16. Guitarded25

Guitarded25 Supporting Member

I played one of these at NAMM and the Ac30 and they sound killer!! Great amps and the color is amazing (even better in person).