VOX AC15C1-BL & VOX AC30C2-BL -- Blue Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gretsch&Vox, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

2. Charlie_Pace

Charlie_Pace Member

3. GA20T

GA20T Member

Damn that's ugly. Wonder if I can get my hans on some of that grille cloth though...

4. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

fixed your post ;)

5. jammers5

jammers5 Member

Just ordered one. Not sure on the ETA.

Just noticed most American online stores have it listed at $699 US I got mine for $625 Cnd.......are these American stores trying to cash in on the Ltd Ed aspect???

Always wanted a Vox and this Ltd Ed Blue one made me jump on board a little earlier than I wanted!

J5

6. Clyde Billt

Clyde Billt Member

7. JacieFB

JacieFB Member

Has anyone seen a AC30C2-BL in the wild, yet? I haven't seen them for sale online. Sweetwater has the AC15 in blue and the AC4 in blue, but not the 30. hmm

8. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

They would look better in RED, IMO.

9. JacieFB

JacieFB Member

They did that last year. It does look neat. I have a particular reason for wanting the blue in addition to the fact that I think it looks neat. (Oh, and I dig the AC30C2 sound.) :)

10. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

I was not looking at VOX amps but played one of these and loved it. The only thing I did not like about the amp was the gold trim. I painted the emblem to match the hardware and pulled off the gold trem and replaced it with white pipeing. I did change the tubes to JJ's which improved on an already great sounding amp. I got mine for $599 with a coupon and at this price point it is hard to beat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At first I had pulled the gold off the the trim piece which is black underneath. Here is a shot before I replaced it with the white pipeing.

[​IMG]

11. JacieFB

JacieFB Member

Bump - still wondering when the AC30C2-BL will be available.

12. picnic

picnic Supporting Member

I spent a couple of hours today at GC in Hallandale FL playing through one of these. Easy on the eyes and ears. bluetolex and the tan grill cloth look just right. Biege plastic corner protectors and handle are the only drawbacks to me.

Lots of Vox tone with the GB. reverb is much better than the CC1's. Sounded best with a Am Dlx Tele and a Schecter Corsair, after playing about 15 guitars.

I have a AC15CC1 that sounds fine to me, but now I realize it lacks some of the Voxiness the C1 has.