• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vox AC15C1 Weber Blue Dog or Silver Bell?

picnic

I have a stock AC15C1 with a Greenback. sounds great and I'm pretty happy withit. I have two other modded AC15C1's with a Gold in one and a Red Fang in the other. The GB sounds fine, but the desire to tweak never ends I guess.
There's a Blue Dog and a Silver Bell for sale by me. Any thoughts as to one over the other would be appreciated.

lostpoet2

Silver Supporting Member
If either one is ceramic, it would give you a different flavor. I have a silver bell ceramic that sounds good mixed with a gold.

I have a stock AC15C1 with a Greenback. sounds great and I'm pretty happy withit. I have two other modded AC15C1's with a Gold in one and a Red Fang in the other. The GB sounds fine, but the desire to tweak never ends I guess.
There's a Blue Dog and a Silver Bell for sale by me. Any thoughts as to one over the other would be appreciated.
I always liked ac 30's with GB's.

It all depends on what you want and how the webers were made.
Is it the 30 watt version? Alnico or ceramic?

The Weber Alnico BD 30 or 50 will be closer to the Alnico gold sound than the silver bell. The silver bell is more raspy and raunchy.

I own a celestion blue, and Weber Alnico blue dog and silver bell 30's.
I have two el84 amps. One is like an ac30 non top boost, the other has a similar voice that's got more lows and a marshall like growl.

The non top boost style amp works best with the Celestion Blue.
The other amp really sounds great with the blue dog.
I like the silver bell on both, but I always seem to drift back to the blues.

The silver bell will be the least similar to what you already own.
I don't know if they still do it, but weber used to revoice their speakers at a very reasonable price.
So if you got the SB and didn't love it, you could have it remade into a BD.
They won't paint the frame though.

Last edited:

cowboytim

I built an identical cab to the Baltic birch Vox cab that came with my AC 15 head....
Love to A B speakers...my newest hobby....all your speakers would sound good for different apps, volume, ect.....Build an extension cab and let the games begin!

rootsman

Bumping this thread, I'd love to hear anyone's experience with like a 50 watt ceramic Weber Blue or Silver in the AC15C1.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom