Vox AC30 CC vs. Fender Blues Deluxe

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fuzzface71, Jun 7, 2008.

1. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

Which one would you pick and why?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I took the AC30, even though I tend to run it clean and use dirt pedals and fuzzes.

Love the cleans on the blues deluxe, full, deep and warm. The vox has a lot of chime to it on the top boost channel.

Overall I'm happy I took the vox because its MUCH more versatile (top boost and normal channels), and has an unbeatable crunch tone when you slam the preamp hard.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

love the vox. but its a heavy mother. but its chimey fat cleans are more me. the blues deluxe is ok, but i'd rather save my money, and get a peavey classic 30. sounds about the same after a speaker swap, and yet is MUCH cheaper.

4. nnick

nnick Member

I have had both. The AC30CC is way more versatile and the one I decided to keep. The clean is nice on the Fender but the overdrive channel is HORRIBLE!! The clean on the AC30 is very useable and the master volume works fairly well so you can get some nice overdriven tones at a reasonable volume.

5. casadyrocks

casadyrocks Member

6. Randaddy

Randaddy Member

I've had the Fender Blues Deluxe and I now own a Vox AC15CC.

The Fender is great, but what others have said is true. It is not as versatile. The Vox amps are very versatile.

One other observation...
    For me, the sound of that particular Fender works for a few styles of music but does not work well for others. Maybe it is just that I didn't know how to get the most out of it.
    The Vox on the other hand sounds great with everything I throw at it. It seems to have the perfect frequency spectrum for rhythm guitar and it meshes with the rest of the band in a beautiful way. In other words, it works great in a band setting.