• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vox AC30 TBX Mod?

blake480

Silver Supporting Member
What are the most common mods for a Vox AC30 TBX made in the UK?

I really want to lower the wattage. So i don't need to use my hotplate attenuator.

If this possible? To get closer to a Morgan AC20? I want to be able to get a little dirt, without being overly loud.

Thanks

GA20T

I'd consider selling the AC30/6tb, buying a C2 (or hand-wired) with master volume, or Hayseed w/ 1/2 power switch.

I had and loved a /6tbx for the longest time and honestly, the C2 sounds comparably great and is far more useful because of the master.

With the money I sold the /6tbx for, I could have bought the C2 or a used C2x, a used hand-wired AC15, or a used Hayseed...

If you're going to mod it though, try searching "Lyle Caldwell mods" and the model of your amplifier.

spaceman_spiff

Gold Supporting Member
I've been using a Dr. Z Brakelight with my AC30TB/6 and it shaves off a good number of dBs and allows me to set my Normal and TB volumes at 11:00 (with the Brakelite on "2" or "3") and my band is not very loud. Using speakers with a lower efficiency will go a long way as well.

Cheers,
Carl

mAx___

You can also install a power scaling kit from London Power. Great solution for non-MV amps.

Trending Topics