vox ac30h2 with nova system vs gsp1101

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by guitarfreakrob, Feb 27, 2012.

1. guitarfreakrob

guitarfreakrob Member

Hey good people of the tgp clan,

getting kinda tired lugging my vox around(almost to big half the time)
    but the sound people awsome with my strat
    so i am thinking of going gsp1101 and be done with it,so what are you people saying? can i get my sound also from the gsp or is it stlii not happening under the axe2???

greetzzzz Rob

2. drew7000

drew7000 Member

Every modeler I've used excels at certain amps.
    The AC30 is one of the more difficult amps to emulate.
    Most of the models I've heard of it sound good, but lack the "sparkle" that amp has.

Vox themselves did a pretty darn good job of it with their Tonelab SE.
    The GSP1101 is fairly decent. But I would try it first because it is slightly different from the real thing.
    The AXE FX (I've never used the AXE 2) also sounds good.

3. guitarfreakrob

guitarfreakrob Member

Hey dude,
    Tanks for the response,i heard that those tonelabs are not very stage proof after a year or so the buttons stop working

Axe fx, not in a million years i wil need that, me being a hobby player and all,

thanks dude
    greetzzz

4. drew7000

drew7000 Member

The older Tonelabs are very stage proof.
    (The SE & LE series).

Probably one of the tougher units out there.

5. rsm

rsm Member

I'm a Vox tube amp user (AC15H1TV, AC30H2, AC4TV), I owned a ToneLab LE, and still have the original Tonelab table top. I also have a Nova System.

The ToneLab LE is very sturdy IME.

If you dig your Nova System and Vox amp tones, try a Tech 21 Liverpool. I'm using a Liverpool as my "amp" in my G-System direct board and I'm very happy and satisfied with the tones and feel from this pedal.

I thought about getting a second Liverpool so I could use the Nova System stereo outs, but one Liverpool works great in my G rig.

The Liverpool can do a decent set of Vox tones that sound good to me; I like it more than the ToneLab's Vox tones, and much easier to tweak. Not as dimensional as the real thing, but it has the Vox "character", and it takes pedals well.

FWIW, I use the Nova System into a clean Fender tube amp; the speaker sim for direct is ok, not great IMO.