1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

VOX AC30HWH & Running Direct

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bernie Connors, May 16, 2011.

1. Bernie Connors

Bernie Connors Member

The church I attend will be starting a renovation next month that will totally replace the sound system with a new system of much higher quality. We'll be going with an Aviom IEM system and the amps will be running direct.

With this in mind, I'm trying to think of the best possible way to run a AC30HWH direct and still have it portable as it will be used for gigging outside of church, as well.

I've researched online and found that running the head into a Palmer PDI-09 as the DI box, and running the thru from the PDI-09 to a Weber MiniMASS as the load box, seems to be a viable option.

The AC30HWH won't be running at 11 so attenuating the signal to 0 for running it direct shouldn't be harmful to the tubes.

This is the first time I've been in a situation where I'll need to run an amp direct into the system so I'm a bit of a newb in that area. I'm asking the collective TGP braintrust for any help or suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Brian Lusky

Brian Lusky Member

I've never heard of that going well, but I could be wrong. Most churches I know have some place to isolate their amps, and mic them from there. Whether that's in another room, or like in our case, underneath the stage.

Another option is to purchase an iso-cab and run your head into that. If your church is only allowing direct lines, no mics in the future, then you might consider going the POD/11 Rack/Axe-FX route.

Good luck, and grats on the new system!

3. Bernie Connors

Bernie Connors Member

Thanks for the info, Brian.

The only thing about going the Pod etc.. route is that I already have a pedalboard that I use and am comfortable with. They're much more intuitive than a rack-based system, IMO.

4. JMItones

JMItones Member