Vox AC30tbx Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Teahead, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Teahead

Teahead Member

Hi, my first offering here. A two minute clip of some Top Boost tones from my AC30. Guitar is a Tele & there are one or two pedals used for company. A ZVex Loop Junkie provides the backing you hear half way through and there's also an Ooh Wah, Octron & Hot Silicon on the end! Hope you enjoy it...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=361669&songID=2940440

2. hipfan

hipfan Member

Nice!!! Love the Radiohead stuff. Great edgy tones you have going there. What exactly is the recipe for the tone from about 2:01 on?

3. Teahead

Teahead Member

Thanks hipfan! The riff from 2.01 on is Tele neck > Ooh Wah > Octron > Hot Silicon Fuzz...it's my rough take on the "Livin' On A Prayer" riff.

4. scottl

scottl Member

Yeah baby! I loved that bit from 2:01 also. Great! I want those gadgets too....

5. omarxx

omarxx Supporting Member

Sounds good to me!

6. Teahead

Teahead Member

Thanks guys! My pedals always seem to upstage the amp's tone, it's well used to it by now...there's a few more clips, of the same pedals and other effects, in my sig link.

Tea.

7. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

Very nice tone! There's just something about that overdriven Vox tone that has just the right amount of hair on it that I just love. Reminds me a bit of Interpol/International Noise Conspiracy/Blue Van/Radio4 with that richly harmonic natural o/d. Good stuff! Plus that "Living on a Prayer" bit is great too. If you had not said what it was I wouldn't have even guessed. Very nice.