• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vox ac4 volume

girded loins

Been reading more than posting lately but I need some help.

I want to start out by saying that I know there have been a bunch of threads on this and I apologize for adding to that number lol! I have read most that I could find but still left curious. As the title suggest I am curious about the Vox ac4tv volume. I am looking at the head and matching cab model.

Right now I'm using a early 2000's Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and while it's fine for most gigs that I play (my amp is micd through the system), it's way too loud for home use (3 little babies that need sleep). I use pedals (overdrives are Tim and angry charlie) and am about to start playing more low key gigs. The gigs would be in a small room with keyboard, bass, drums (using brushes and/or hot rods) and guitar (no mic).

I like to play my amp just on the edge of breakup and then add pedals for more gain. Have not had much experience with low wattage amps, but I'm curious if the ac4 head and cab could be a good solution for me. What do you guys think?

Comanche5

I had the Vox AC4C1-12. I found that the taper to the volume was quite steep. And at really low volumes, the sound was extremely bright and thin.

slagg

Clip the bright cap(100pf)going across the Master volume(not the 120 at the gain pot) ,much gooder then.

Trending Topics