VOX AC4C1-12 - Guitar Interactive Magazine Review

AndyC.

It's a great amp. I finally got the chance to try one out about a week and a half ago. Sounded really good. Nice range of clean and grit. The 12" speaker and bigger cabinet makes all the difference, I think.

I ended up ordering one at my local Guitar Center yesterday, taking advantage of their 15% off deal.

Gretsch&Vox

Congrats, Andy. That sounds like a great deal. Yes, I'm sure that the 12" speaker and bigger cabinet make a significant difference.

acoustic rob

I had an open afternoon last weekend and wanted to try one out, but none of the Guitar Centers in town had one in stock. :-/ Guess I'll have to wait for the next sale.

Gretsch&Vox

If you go online here, and put in your zip code, you can have one shipped to your local GC. It looks like you have to buy it first, but there is a 30-day return policy.

AndyC.

Thanks Jay. I'll try to get some pics up when it arrives. Maybe if I get motivated I can get some clips up too. It's a nice size. The AC15 is cool too but at 50lbs. its too big for my needs.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
Hats off to Vox. They seem to still know how to make good amps. I can't wait to try one out!

gripweed

It's difficult to take a publication seriously when they don't know the difference between "then" and "than." You'd think at the very least that an editor would have caught it.

Gretsch&Vox

Thanks Jay. I'll try to get some pics up when it arrives. Maybe if I get motivated I can get some clips up too. It's a nice size. The AC15 is cool too but at 50lbs. its too big for my needs.
De nada. :)

Sounds good; the amp looks superb with classic black basket weave tolex and brown grill cloth. I know what you mean; I've had AC15s and 30s and they are too big for apartments and bringing to occasional jam sessions.

I might just do that, since I'd want to A/B it with my Pathfinder anyway.
Cool.

torcher410

I bought one a week ago, and I am really happy with it. It seems pretty well made and I've played it about three hours a day for the past six days straight and I think i noticed yesterday that the sound had improved a bit since first plugging it in last week. my Marshall is sliding into a well deserved retirement. (especially when that vaporizer that GC sold me this morning for an amazing 229 gets here next week. the blue color will make that one hard to sneak past the wife!)

Comanche5

I picked up one of these last weekend. I'm a little surprised about the lack of bass. My little Pathfinder 15R with an 8" speaker walks all over this thing. The sound is really gutless. I ran the AC4C1-12 into an extension cabinet, but still no bass.

traynor_garnet

Silver Supporting Member
Is this the same ac4 amp they have been selling for the past few years? The one with the built in attenuator?

TG

lostpoet2

Silver Supporting Member
I picked up one of these last weekend. I'm a little surprised about the lack of bass. My little Pathfinder 15R with an 8" speaker walks all over this thing. The sound is really gutless. I ran the AC4C1-12 into an extension cabinet, but still no bass.
I'm not familiar with an AC15 or AC30 that puts out much bass-that's just not their sound.

CubanB

It's difficult to take a publication seriously when they don't know the difference between "then" and "than." You'd think at the very least that an editor would have caught it.
Maybe if it was an English language magazine advertising dictionaries.

Not sure what that's got to do with music.

Comanche5

I've had both of those amps. Yes, they are not bass heavy amps by any means, but there they did have some low end. The AC4C1-12 has nothing at all.

I'm not familiar with an AC15 or AC30 that puts out much bass-that's just not their sound.