• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vox AC50 clones?

voojo

How about a Dr. Z KT45 http://www.drzamps.com/kt45.html

Not an exact clone, but it may get you in the ballpark. The description says: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

"My personal love for the sound of EL-34's caused the creation of this amp. Think of a cross between the articulate power of a 50 watt HiWatt , and the sweet drive and sustain of a AC-30, and that would best describe the tone of the KT-45. Joe Walsh had his hand in the final voicing of the KT-45 we stopped when Joe said , 'Now it's Rickenbacker-friendly..' "
[/FONT]

SkipTracer

Hello,
is there any VOX AC50 clone builder out there?
I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but why not get the real thing?
JMIs can still be had for 600-800 euros on ebay. Have a tech go through it and you'll probably spend less than 1000 total.

SkipTracer

Yep, they come up for sale regularly and are nowhere near as expensive as JMI era AC30s.

I found this one while searching for completed auctions: 320339548906
It's not a JMI, but a VSL from the 70s, but I've seen JMIs go for similar prices.

Trending Topics