• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vox amps at Namm 2017

M

Member 50900

I purchased an AC15C1 and another amp from Sweetwater in order to A/B and keep the one I like. I'm really digging the AC15C1. I'm still within the 30-day window and was wondering if anyone knows of anything coming from the Vox camp to debuted at NAMM `17. I couldn't find any info other than, "We have exciting news to share."

Just curious before I make the final decision on the AC15C1. :aok

C-4

The NAMM is next weekend, and I stand corrected. Thank you for letting me know MHG. :) If your window at Sweetwater is still big enough, you might wish to wait and see.

I would wait, but if your time window is short, it becomes a crap-shoot. Only you can tell if you want to wait it out or return the amp only to possibly re-purchase one later.

Last edited:

I doubt they'll be changing much, tbh. Perhaps updating the combos with the power scaling feature of the heads, at most. I would expect more solid state dabbling.

M

Member 50900

Cool, I've got some time so I can wait and see. I just didn't know if the grapevine was buzzing yet.

They recently posted this on their facebook page:

"We have some exciting things to share on January 12th...& we're just getting started.

Are you ready for NAMM?"

WillLane

They posted a kind of "teaser" on instagram a few days ago, saying that there will be more announced today. I got the itch to browse their site and what do you know...

http://voxamps.com/MV50AC

There are some Youtube vids of them under the "LISTEN" part of the item page. They sound solid. There were a few other things I noticed as well. Particularly some new cabs meant for the MV units, and I guess V2 of the amplugs.

Last edited:

WillLane

Also I mused in another thread that since the 90's era TB series only lasted 10 years, the CC2 lasted only 5, it is possible they could cut the C2 series off 7 years in. I do not think they would but if they did... :crazy

M

Member 50900

Just after 12 am, they posted some of the new products on their Facebook page, part of which was mentioned above. They also have a limited edition white bronco AC series and some new amplugs.

Music Radar picked it up. http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...uitar-amps-3-new-amplug-headphone-amps-646774

I really like the AC15C1! I'm actually returning an OD pedal I bought thinking I would need more gain. Setting the volume at about 11 o'clock, gives me a glorious on-the-edge breakup that I can then control with the volume knob.

FWIW, my first amp was a Pathfinder 10 several years ago which I sold. Since then I've used software, mainly S-Gear.

But I really wanted to try a tube amp, especially after reading all about the subtleties that software just cannot emulate; dynamics, attack, etc.

I'm now a tube amp believer. There is still room for S-Gear for late night sessions, but when I can, I'll be playing through the AC15. :dude

Last edited by a moderator:

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
If they would just put out an AC15c1 with a lighter plywood cabinet and maybe a Celestion Neo Creamback, it would be PERFECT

48lbs for a relatively small 1x12 combo is just crazy, IMHO

Alternatively... if they would take their killer little Pathfinder 15 and just release a more powerful 1x12 version – that'd be awesome as well! No modeling nonsense, no multiple channels... just a bigger, louder Pathfinder

Reactions: C-4

dognmoon

Silver Supporting Member
Also, don't neglect the AC10. It's straightforward without a ton of features, but it's compact and is one of my favorite VOX offerings. Sounds like VOX's version of Marshall's Class 5, but retains the chime.

M

Member 50900

Also, don't neglect the AC10. It's straightforward without a ton of features, but it's compact and is one of my favorite VOX offerings. Sounds like VOX's version of Marshall's Class 5, but retains the chime.
I had a hard time deciding between the AC10 and the AC15. The main reason I went with the AC15 was that I mostly play clean and sometimes a small amount of overdrive. I felt that the 15 would give me a little extra headroom.

dognmoon

Silver Supporting Member
I had a hard time deciding between the AC10 and the AC15. The main reason I went with the AC15 was that I mostly play clean and sometimes a small amount of overdrive. I felt that the 15 would give me a little extra headroom.
Definitely a good call. And @guitarman3001 mentioned above the power-scaling option- The 2016 AC15 head does have attenuation. It does 15w, 1.5w and 1/5w.

mister_finch

Is it too late to hope they start adding tremolo to their cheaper lines again? Seems a bit odd that they've dropped it from many of the current lines, budget/modelling/solid state or otherwise.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom