Vox Clyde Reissue vs. Fulltone Clyde Wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tanner Vix, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Tanner Vix

Tanner Vix Member

I can get the Vox Reissue for about $150 and the Fulltone clyde for about $215. Wondering if it's worth the extra coin.

Has anybody ever A/B'd the Vox Clyde compared to the Fulltone? Does the Vox have a true bypass? They Clyde?

2. Swarty

Swarty Member

I'd say definitely spend the extra coin. The difference would be simlar to say a reissue Bassman vs a Victoria Bassman.

johnetone likes this.
  3. eric-d

eric-d Member

MY singer had the balls to say his Vox (std. model) was WAYYYYYYYY better and more british sounding than my Fulltone Clyde.... then I turned the internal trimmer on my clyde to the Vintage Vox tone, and said... now try it... His jaw hit the ground... asking me how I did that.... (haha...)

4. erksin

erksin Member

The biggest difference is in the range of the sweep - the Fulltone has much more travel. Some guys like that - some don't...

5. Tanner Vix

Tanner Vix Member

Dumb question....

What kind of power source does the fulltone need? Can't find any info, but I'm probably not looking in the right spot either.

6. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

Standard 9V, battery or adapter.

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I've had both and my opinion is the Fulltone blows it away!

8. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Ditto. My Clyde is the only Fulltone left on my board now, but it's going nowhere!

9. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

I just picked up a Teese Wah - RMC2 - and I like it better than my Clyde. And I love my Clyde.

The Teese Wah's are just incredible. The sweep has very smooth high end.

10. dnumde

dnumde Member

def a deluxe, u pay just alittle more but what u get are 3 amazing voicings to play with. If you include the trimmer as a "character" knob....then u have like so much more cos each voicing can be further tweaked!

veterans don't flame me, but i just got this amazing wah pedal yest as a birthday gift from my girl and enjoying every minute rocking it...love the extended sweep range!