vox clyde vs. teese rmc3

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by auffredou, Jan 28, 2008.

1. auffredou

auffredou Member

im looking to upgrade from my crybaby, and cant decide between these 2. not sure if in the long run ill wish id spent the extra ~$100 for more options/tweakability with the rmc or not.

2. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

The RMC3 is well worth the extra money. You'll really never need to buy another wah, the internal controls allow you to get the sound of all the other Teese wahs as well as some harder to find vintage wahs. Trust me, I've bought and sold a bunch of wahs...the RMC3 is the one!

3. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

You'll wish you had spent the extra money for the tone alone, forget that it's tweakable. Wah decisions are hard sometimes, but there really is no reason to pick the Vox over the Teese if you have the money for the Teese and you use wah even a little bit. I would take any of the high end wah's over the Vox without a second thought. Give one a try if you can. I don't think they sound very good at all. They are better than the low end Crybaby, but that's about it. If you are looking to save a little, watch for a deal in the emporium or look at some lower priced high end wahs (the Budda is a suitable choice, although you'll be happier with the Teese IMO).

D

4. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

The clyde is a good wah, but a Teese will you get you a warmer, fuller tone with less shrill high end...I'd go with the Teese picture wah as you'll get the halo inductor (which is only in the RMC3 LE or RD) which I think gives it the best tone and it will be less expensive than the RMC3...you won't have the tweakability but with the picture wah you really don't need it.

5. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Halo has been in all rmc for a little over a year now..The RMC 3 since 2005 will smoke the LE and RD..All the way around..Ask Teese...

6. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

The Clyde is a paper weight and nothing more when compared to a Teese wah...any Teese wah and the RMC3 is the top of the line...that help???

7. auffredou

auffredou Member

thanks guys. ive been reading alot of reviews on the vox and while i like that its true bypass as compared to my crybaby, the common complaints seem to be the ear piercing treble with the toe down, which is what i hate the most about my dunlop.

so a few quick questions...i read some reviews on an "RD/RMC3" that said they were a better version only available through a certain store and had the inductor from the picture wah. is this the halo thing youre talking about? im guessing these were just old reviews? are there any differences in the models? like i know the current ones are blue (any differences in these versus gray ones?). are these the ones I should be getting, or does it not matter? thanks

8. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Acording to musictoys the rmc 3 has the stack of dimes inducter. Check it out! Mabe thats just old descriptions. Is there a difference between the halo and stack of dimes

9. auffredou

auffredou Member

also, anyone know why im seeing some with white rubber padding on top and some with black?

10. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

The white rubber padding should indicate those with newer RocPot 5 (sealed) according to GT.

11. auffredou

auffredou Member

what does that mean mistercoffee?

12. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

He has changed the potentiometer. Previous pots were not sealed and would eventually get scratchy with use (but could be sprayed when they did get scratchy).
    He changed to a sealed pot that should last the life of the product now.

13. auffredou

auffredou Member

nice, so i should look to get a blue one with white rubber pad?

14. auffredou

auffredou Member

and just making sure before i buy it, everyone thinkgs the rmc3 is the way to go? i read on his site that the picture wah is the best for the vintage wah sound, but the rmc3 is adjustable. does it sound just like it? if so i guess there would be no reason not to go for the rmc3. if it simulates alot of other wahs, but doesnt sound quite as good, id have to reconsider.

15. carljoensson

carljoensson Member

Buy a wah with ONE GREAT SOUND so you can focus on your playing. teese makes so many others

/C- rmc3owner

16. auffredou

auffredou Member

so are you saying something other than the rmc3? i dont even know that id change it from the stock settings, which i guess are vintage clyde settings. but its definitely nice to know that the option is there if im ever looking for something different.

17. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

You've just answered your own question. You don't need us anymore. :AOK
    The only one who's opinion matters is your own.

18. auffredou

auffredou Member

well i do know that if i get one, im swinging for the rmc3. ive just never heard it, ive only read reviews. if the real picture wah is different than the "picture wah setting" on the rmc3, i might do a little more research. otherwise, im good to go!

19. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

Bump this thread....to ask, can the RMC3 be powered by a PP2+? Or does it need the wallwart, or???

20. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Yes..