Vox....C'Mon Man AC10 handwired head already!!!!

petty1818

I have been wanting an AC10 hand wired combo for a while now. Head would be cool as well. Kind of surprised that Vox hasn't jumped on this yet. When they released the AC4, they quickly made a hand wired version so hopefully they do the same for the AC10.

Last edited:

Scott P

Silver Supporting Member
Gents, the AC10 SRT pictured above is a totally different animal from any other AC10. The SRT uses an ECC83 for the front end, not the typical EF86 used in other JMI AC10s. It also has a few other oddities in the circuit that make it the oddball that it is. Also, it is not fair to compare current Vox AC10s. They sound nothing like the originals. You will not get the sound of the posted amp with any other AC10.

andersmv

Silver Supporting Member
I was really expecting them to release it over NAAM this weekend, no dice... The new AC10 is one of the best new Vox amps I've heard, let's go guys!

redchapterjubilee

Silver Supporting Member
I'm less interested in handwired but more interested in a slightly bigger cabinet so you can fit anything other than a Greenback or such inside.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I've had my AC10C1 for going on two years. Bang for the buck winner amp if ever there was one. No mods, still has the original tubes, and it just sounds better and better the more I play it. If there were a better version of this amp, I'm not sure I could handle it!

amper

I just found this, because I was searching for a Handwired AC10, preferably one with a cabinet large enough to fit a 12" Celestion AlNiCo Blue. I don't want an AC15.

shibby

I have a Vox AC10 with a greenback in it. I love this amp. Stock tubes still, will change when I absolutely need it

Not trying to spark up an argument but just how much better can an amp sound just because it was hand wired? Given that all the circuits would be the same, what is the general difference?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I’m fine with pcb as long as it’s done right.
The current AC10 is a gem still despite its fairly fragile construction, but I wish they could have made room for a 12”!

Trending Topics