1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vox Satchurator,can any one recommend an alternative or mods?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KTT, May 23, 2011.

1. KTT

KTT Member

Hey i love the sound of this pedal its really dynamic and has a great gain and a good top end but the low end is mushy! kind of like a fuzz..i hate that..are there any mods that can give this pedal more mid and a tighter less flabby bottom end? other than that this pedal is almost perfect(for me) but its really muddy and lose on chords etc

what about other pedals out there that do the description above?any input would be appreciated :)

2. livingtoy

livingtoy Member

3. KTT

KTT Member

Thanks,im in the UK its a bit far to send the pedal...

4. lbj273

lbj273 Member

use DS-1 mods, IIRC its essentially a DS-1 clone with a few changes and add ons

5. KTT

KTT Member

Thanks i have had all the modded ds1s and personally i think the satchurator is a better pedal,plus it has WAY more gain...ive asked these questions before,there has to be some mods,i need more mid

6. lbj273

lbj273 Member

c1=.1
    c3=.22
    c10=.01
    c11=1uf
    c14=1uf

D5=red led
    d4=3 way toggle. 2 red leds in parallel. 2 1n4001's in parallel.

not my mods, found them over on the forbidden forum. Not entirely sure what the cap changes will do, but replacing the clipping diodes will give it more volume and slightly less gain

7. KTT

KTT Member

Thankyou very much for this ! it would be great to get more clarification from somebody re;: what these component changes will do tone wise? have you got a link to the forum where you got this?

8. lbj273

lbj273 Member

I'm pretty sure we can't link to that forum, but a google search for vox satchurator schematic is what brought it up for me. Reading through the thread the guy never really said what the cap changes did, I'm assuming it made the top end less fizzy and added some bass but thats purely speculation.

9. KTT

KTT Member

Ok thanks again,ill do a search,i do love this pedal it cleans up great,its just a tad mushy at full volume

10. lbj273

lbj273 Member

I loved it for leads, it was awesome for that. But at the time I only played rhythm in the band I was in and it sucked for that.

11. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

This pedal didn't do anything for me. Unusable tone, way too noisy and fizzy high-gain. My Crunch Box killed it. Package contained bobcat. Would not buy again.

12. billyjett

billyjett Member

Oh yes! The MI Audio Crunch box is a killer pedal, and it's been on my pedal board for a while now. Try stacking a Keeley TS-9 with the gain set low as a lead boost with the crunch box, IT KILLS!!

13. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

The JHS mods look very interesting!

14. 6Tones

6Tones Member

Not to highjack but I wonder if anyones modded the Ice9 OD,sounds good as is but the Tone knob is pretty dark before 4oclock for me

15. lbj273

lbj273 Member

he never really says what it does though

16. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

^ Anything that tames the ice-pick tone knob and removes fizz would be welcome.

17. nteague

nteague Member

I have a satchurator which i'm finding unusable and I'm in the UK... I was thinking of using these guys:

Pedalmods UK

http://www.pedalmods.com/

18. KTT

KTT Member

Op here thanks for all the reply's but i really would like some "do it yourself" suggestions re : mods,im hands on and like to do things myself,anybody? i think this pedal can be killer..it just needs a little work

19. lbj273

lbj273 Member

If you can find a complete schematic it would be helpful to suggest mods

20. KTT

KTT Member

I need more middle and less fuzz on the low strings