Vox SDC 55

les_paul

I just picked up one of these gems at a great price. Whoa, what a guitar! It looks great, plays very well, and these CoAxe pickups are just incredible. They are silent in single coil, P90, and humbucker mode. I actually went to check whether my amp was on when I accidentally hit the strings and heard sound.

It sounds mostly like a Tele in single mode. The P90 and humbucker mode are a lot more well rounded than my SGs. It sounds and feels like everything I'd want from an SG.

Any love for these guitars out there? It's a shame they weren't around longer. I guess they were about $1000 when they came out but the one I have is of incredible build quality. I hope I can find the SSC 55 some day.

Yamaha 350

I just picked up one of these gems at a great price. Whoa, what a guitar! It looks great, plays very well, and these CoAxe pickups are just incredible. They are silent in single coil, P90, and humbucker mode. I actually went to check whether my amp was on when I accidentally hit the strings and heard sound.

It sounds mostly like a Tele in single mode. The P90 and humbucker mode are a lot more well rounded than my SGs. It sounds and feels like everything I'd want from an SG.

Any love for these guitars out there? It's a shame they weren't around longer. I guess they were about $1000 when they came out but the one I have is of incredible build quality. I hope I can find the SSC 55 some day.
Yes I love them. And I asked about them in the bottom thread. They were overlooked.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...at-reissues-im-in-love.2126708/#post-30101124

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-vox-guitars-school-me-on-them.1810642/

les_paul

I haven't felt inspired by an instrument in a long time but this one really does it for me. Korean guitars from that era were inching towards the height of their build quality and I'll never think twice about buying one.

I have an SG with P Rails and the controls on this are much more intuitive compared to the Triple Shot rings.

EasTXan

I saw one on Reverb that was sold out of a major collection in original box in mint cond for $700ish in Gold.

Coopster

I had one of the SSC's once upon a time, really cool guitar! I think I traded it on something along the way but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have another someday.

John Quinn

I love the guitars - they play nice and are versatile. unfortunately No resale value at all - which I think is partially due to the Vox name on the guitar.

ranchofm

I always have my eye out for an SSC-55. I love all of the aesthetic details: knobs, switches, bridge, tuners, inlays. All bespoke and tastefully done. They also had a couple of semi-hollow models.

Trending Topics