Vox Tonebender

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by D 2 Z, Aug 12, 2008.

1. D 2 Z

D 2 Z Member

where can I get one of these? They are quite elusive.

2. jjnews

jjnews Member

If you cant find real one, try DAM 1966. Its pretty much same thing..

3. D 2 Z

D 2 Z Member

what about clones? Who makes 'em?

4. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

If you want originals scout Ebay and get ready to pay, they bring crazy money these days, as for clones take your pics...do a earch and look around there are more clones around today then there ever were Tonebenders in the day!

5. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

Yeah, loads of clones out there. If you want the real deal you can pick up an old Marshall Supafuzz which is the same thing but don't go for quite as much, more like £300-£400 than the £500 that an original Tone Bender goes for now. This all depends on model and condition. I have a D*A*M and it's great as is my ThroBak Stone Bender. It must be said tho that my old Supa Fuzz does sound incredible, but I played about 6 over a 4 year period looking for one that sounded decent, and some of them sounded so rough. The modern clones don't suffer from this problem.

6. Sol

Sol Member

Ive got the old Vox Tonebender, and it is a great pedal no doubt, but I got it before you had to pawn your head to get one.

The thing with the new ones is that the builders make them just like they were supposed to be in the first place but , never were because of mismatched transisters they tended to use back then.
    As a result the new ones dont always capture the gnarly edge like the old ones have.
    The D*A*M Vox Tonebender '66 is good though, he seems to realise how the good old ones sounded and the one I tried was really good, so Id go for something like that than pay too much for one youd be afraid to gig with.