Vox tonelab desktop

toolshed

I just got the blue tonelab. I got it to go direct in with having to take an amp. It's very good on clean patches but has the mid preamp spike when you use gain. Anyone know how to remedy this? If not, should I sell and get an eleven rack?

sasjf

I just got the blue tonelab. I got it to go direct in with having to take an amp. It's very good on clean patches but has the mid preamp spike when you use gain. Anyone know how to remedy this? If not, should I sell and get an eleven rack?
2003 called - they want their modeler back!

J/K but it kind of is what it is

Tmidiman

I personally thought the floor version of the Tonelab sounded much better than the desktop version. I wanted the desktop version, so that delayed my purchase to the point that I moved on to other things.

Mangy71

Platinum Supporting Member
I find the Fender 2x12 cabinet to sound the most natural for clean and dirty sounds. I like to run the treble booster into the Soldano model for gain sounds. Here is a clip of me running the desktop into a powered floor monitor:

P.S. I think this "2003" modeler sounds better than a lot of the newer stuff.

Last edited:

GM Arts

I used one of these for most of my CD a (long) while back. It was excellent, but sorry, can't help with the mids - I like 'em :)

toolshed

I find the Fender 2x12 cabinet to sound the most natural for clean and dirty sounds. I like to run the treble booster into the Soldano model for gain sounds. Here is a clip of me running the desktop into a powered floor monitor:

P.S. I think this "2003" modeler sounds better than a lot of the newer stuff.

It sounds great

Fred132

I still have one I got in 2003 or 2004.

Mine always frustrated me because it was noisy. Of course YMMV.