1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Vox Tonelab SE and Line 6 POD XT Live

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Scott Peterson, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator and Co-Founder of TGP Staff Member

2. akivisuals

akivisuals Member

Thanks Scott. I actually stumbled onto that thread last night.

As far as the squeaky pedal goes, I've heard of lots of instances of it on the Line6 forums but when I call the service centers not a lot of folks have had those issues... Hmmm.... Maybe I just got a bad one.

3. 777

777 Member

It sounds like we have some knowledgable people here, so maybe someone can help me out...

I really like the way that my PODxt Live sounds through headphones. When I run direct into a P.A. it sounds great until I pick a patch that involves overdrive or distortion. Those patches sound like they have a "sizzle". Some may call it a fizz.

I am on the 'Studio Direct' setting and I've run down every other thing that I know to do. I'm not much of a technical guy, so there may be something that I'm missing.

Thanks guys,
    Brad

4. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

I had a Vox Tonelab SE and couldent wait to sell it off on e-bay. I toured with it worldwide. Maybe a good backup depending on where your gigging and what equipment is back lined but for me to much tweaking. then if you step on it while playing, you can change or default vital settings. Plus the overdrives/distortions are lame to my ears anyway. I use a boss GT-3, its smaller, lighter and sounds better. Pods are better too. ITs too much tweaking and time going thru various amps for my needs if your on the road. I could see it for recording but again the sound quality for me is a 3 outta 10 on the Tonelab

5. Scott Peterson

777 - find my thread on "Making modeling work..." in this section.

Paul, Interesting. I understand where you are coming from. There is no universal solution. You'd need a universal amp on every stage to make it work consistently. If I was touring, I'd probably opt for some known pedals and use them instead of the POD honestly. They would just works for what you find on supplied backlines; I play a bunch of festival shows each spring/summer/fall with one country act I am in; if I can't take the Atomic, I will not be taking the POD.

6. 777

777 Member

Scott,
    I have read some of that thread, however it seemed that you are using an amp on all that I read.

If you have stuff in there that involve the PODxt Live thru a P.A., I'll read through the whole thing.

7. Scott Peterson

I don't. I personally moved away from using the XT Live through a PA; it didn't work for me. Check the Institute of Noise Forum for lots of guys running that way.

8. Musikman4Christ

Musikman4Christ Member

Guitar Tone,

I love your tone man, I really liked the FlangeClean sound, I also own the TLSE and I would like to know if you would like to share your patches. I would love to have that sound that you did.. really awsome.

Warmest regards,

Musikman

9. DavidE

DavidE Member

I have an XTLive and I couldn't get it to work well for me. I recently picked up a Flextone II with shortboard for $400 and downloaded some patches and I have several that actually sound amazing to me (and I use a nice pedalboard with Shiva, Naylors, HK Switchblade, Marshalls, Vox AC15 w/ Blue, vintage Fenders etc....). I'm thinking this could really work.

A friend prefers the Vox TL SE to the XTLive (and he played a Vetta for years before switching to an HK Switchblade). I picked one up at a good price and it arrives Tuesday. I have my XTLive sold, but reading this thread I'm wondering if I shouldn't just hold onto it.

I was impressed with the Vox Tonelab SE when I saw Pat Travers live a couple of summers ago on the Doors of the 21st Century tour.

Anyway, if running the XTLive through the p.a. really doesn't work well, why not just stick with the Flextone III?
    I don't need a billion amps and effects. I just need several that work.

Thanks for any advice!