Vox V125

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by barny, Feb 28, 2012.

1. barny

barny Member

just got one of these at a really good price...really surprised at the sounds coming out....lovely cleans...and you dont even need reverb...its just a lovely clean sound....ill try a tube screamer or something in front tomorrow..:D

2. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

Cool amp. Had to Google it, and as it turned out it seems to be Vox' response to the Marshall stack. As nice as I'm sure the cleans are, how is the over driven tone? It's supposed to be an AC120 with a couple of tranistors added for increased gain capabilities.

3. barny

barny Member

i think this ones actually a bass amp cos the sn ends in B...could be wrong though...but it still has 2 volumes ...1 i suppose a gain type thing...sort of had it low today with the gain cranked and it gave like a breaking dist sound...not clean but not fuzz...it was nice , but the cleans are really nice ...:)

4. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

Right... well I'm not an expert either, but the B suffix could, as you say, indicate the bass model. Did it come with a matching cab, and if so: does it have a single 15" or dual 12" speakers?

5. barny

barny Member

no sadly just got the head...would have been lovely with a matching cab...
    i think from what iv read theres not much difference between the lead and bass...just the EQ section is voiced differently..:)