Vox V846 hw wah vs Picture vs ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tx-62, Feb 12, 2012.

1. tx-62

tx-62 Member

I know it is another one...but, where i live i got only 3 guitar stores and none of them keep wah pedals...so i need to order on blind and since i am not rich dude ill prolly stick with whatever i go for the next 15 years :)

Now i was playing old Italian Vox wah for years till it get stollen few weeks ago....
    Now i want somethng that sound as close as posible to that, i read that fulltone have something else goin on and that area 51 is all around cry baby...so i guess this is left Teese or New Vox wah

Pls all of you that have access to this wahs help me get my old Vox replacement, i dont care about extra settings or quality of bypass etc..just the sound of the thing.

Thanks alot

My gear is silicon bc109, old ts9 and old delay, Van Zandt true Vintage pups into Alder rosewood strat.

2. Pythonman

Pythonman Member

I've had Thomas Organ Crybabys with the TDK inductor, Fulltone Clyde, Teese RMC1, RMC3 and Picture Wah and a couple of different Vox reissues wahs. Out of those my preferences would be

Fulltone Clyde

Thomas Organ w/ TDK inductor a close second (but it's quite a bid different sounding)

Current chinese Vox V847 (Amazingly vintage sounding and doesn't wreck the guitar sound in bypass mode. Can be had used for $50 with leatherette Vox case!)

Teese Pic Wah - mine was vintage sounding enough and quiet but the heavy treadle meant I couldn't just set the thing and have it stay put! Newer versions may be better in this regard. Vox V847 above sounds very close to this and actually does a better Shaft theme.

Teese's RMC1 and RMC3 both had the least vintage sounding wahs I'd ever heard.

3. tx-62

tx-62 Member

Thanks for your reply, i dont know that much about wahs you mention...i just know that my friend plays some old cry babe and it is way different sound than mine was.Mine vox was like Hendrix while that cry babe is not that narrow and much deeper.

So you sugest that Fulltone will be in my old VOx park more than teese..thanks

I already read about Castledine wahs Abbesauniere but the thing is that i have a friend who will wor in USA for the next 2 months so i already give him the money so he wait for my call what should he buy :)

Btw when i said vox i meant on the new v846
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. tx-62

tx-62 Member

nvm my post i found this babe :)
    [​IMG]

:)

5. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I have the old Pic Wah-you do know you can adjust it so it will stay put?
    I compared to the Fulltone and thought they sounded very similar.