• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vox V847 sweep range

Liftoff

Hello, I am new to these boards, I hope I can fit in decently and stuff. Anyway, I just bought a used 847 and I've never actually used a wah before. It seems like the sound doesn't change much (starting from tilted all the way back) until maybe 80% of the range is moved through. Is that how it's supposed to be? If so, is there a way to make it flow steadily across the range?

Thanks for reading, I hope someone has some advice.

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
Here's a handy video that was posted by Fulltone showing how to adjust a wah so that you get the full sweep (You can skip the portion about pot installation, though it is a short video and very informative if you are new to wahs. Your needed info starts at 1:40)

It sounds like your wah may be sweeping through the "bass" half of the the pot's travel & never really getting in to the "sweet spot". Easy fix!

Liftoff

Here's a handy video that was posted by Fulltone showing how to adjust a wah so that you get the full sweep (You can skip the portion about pot installation, though it is a short video and very informative if you are new to wahs. Your needed info starts at 1:40)

It sounds like your wah may be sweeping through the "bass" half of the the pot's travel & never really getting in to the "sweet spot". Easy fix!
That was exactly it! Thanks so much!