Vox V847 sweep range

Liftoff

Hello, I am new to these boards, I hope I can fit in decently and stuff. Anyway, I just bought a used 847 and I've never actually used a wah before. It seems like the sound doesn't change much (starting from tilted all the way back) until maybe 80% of the range is moved through. Is that how it's supposed to be? If so, is there a way to make it flow steadily across the range?

Thanks for reading, I hope someone has some advice.

e-flat

Here's a handy video that was posted by Fulltone showing how to adjust a wah so that you get the full sweep (You can skip the portion about pot installation, though it is a short video and very informative if you are new to wahs. Your needed info starts at 1:40)

It sounds like your wah may be sweeping through the "bass" half of the the pot's travel & never really getting in to the "sweet spot". Easy fix!

Liftoff

Here's a handy video that was posted by Fulltone showing how to adjust a wah so that you get the full sweep (You can skip the portion about pot installation, though it is a short video and very informative if you are new to wahs. Your needed info starts at 1:40)

It sounds like your wah may be sweeping through the "bass" half of the the pot's travel & never really getting in to the "sweet spot". Easy fix!

That was exactly it! Thanks so much!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom