• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Vox Valvenergy pedals

ferrinbonn

I don't think so. The Nutube actually is a tube, just in a much smaller form factor.

webs

Silver Supporting Member
The mini o-scope thing is a total gimmick and I am absolutely going to buy one just to watch the squigglies go while I play.

$179 street isn't too bad, demos didn't blow me away but I can never tell what I'll like from videos anyway.

Cornholio

The mini o-scope thing is a total gimmick and I am absolutely going to buy one just to watch the squigglies go while I play.

$179 street isn't too bad, demos didn't blow me away but I can never tell what I'll like from videos anyway.
Total gimmick- but sort of cool at the same time.

_Vector_

GET AWAY FROM ME GAS.
Repeat to self: I´m not gonna buy this pedals just because of the slick graphical display design minilogue oscilloscope feature.

Last edited:

eriwebnerr

You just know these are going to bomb.
I have to agree even though I think they sound pretty good from the demos AND I also think the idea is really solid - pedal, preamp and DI all in one. Vox has never done well with pedals it seems even though IMO they have had some really good sounding boxes. I really like the old cooltron line and also the 12AX7 tube pedals they released several years ago that ran at true plate voltage. I think those were probably killed by their butt ugliness though.

I'm really tempted to grab the Plexi one even though I think if I waited a year it would be $50 on SDOTD :bonk

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
I have to agree even though I think they sound pretty good from the demos AND I also think the idea is really solid - pedal, preamp and DI all in one. Vox has never done well with pedals it seems even though IMO they have had some really good sounding boxes. I really like the old cooltron line and also the 12AX7 tube pedals they released several years ago that ran at true plate voltage. I think those were probably killed by their butt ugliness though.

I'm really tempted to grab the Plexi one even though I think if I waited a year it would be $50 on SDOTD :bonk
definitely waiting for the clearance sale lol

M

Member 202408

I have a Vox Cooltron Tremolo. That’s another series that bombed, but that tremolo is KILLER. Two footswitchable speeds and effect types in an analog tube pedal is MONEY. If you can find one, you can get them for real cheap.

The Mystic Edge honestly has me really tempted. I feel like it would be a great way to incorporate that Vox-style overdrive into a rig without having a Vox amp. I know there are boutique pedals that claim the same thing, but I have high hopes for this one.

I'm glad these finally made it to production too, since they were announced way back at Winter NAMM then followed by total radio silence for most of the year.

MadFrank

Gold Supporting Member
I just caught Andy’s demos and I’m honestly not that impressed. There are surely some good tones in there, but there were some just ok and even mediocre ones on display too.
Perhaps we’ve just become so used to analog sounds that this nu tube technology sounds kinda indistict and mushy at times.
Also, that scope display is pure useless gimmickry without any practical purpose. Are you supposed to watch it while your playing?

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
I just caught Andy’s demos and I’m honestly not that impressed. There are surely some good tones in there, but there were some just ok and even mediocre ones on display too.
Perhaps we’ve just become so used to analog sounds that this nu tube technology sounds kinda indistict and mushy at times.
Also, that scope display is pure useless gimmickry without any practical purpose. Are you supposed to watch it while your playing?
I hear a buzzy “mosquito from hell” breakup fizz in the upper mids and highs that I’m not keen on.

Maybe I need to hear better clips?

-bEn r.

monty

Interesting idea, going to key a eye on that line. Need more demos and a chance to try them out before thinking of dropping that coin. I do like what they are going for though...

Trending Topics