Vox Valvetronix 15 tune

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by refin, Jan 26, 2006.

1. refin

refin Member

I got one of these little monsters last year,and it has turned out to be one of the best amps I've ever heard! For home recording,it's hard to beat on a budget,and touch sensitive out the kazoo.I think that are about $180 street.
    Anyway,the tune I used it on is called "Relaxed Refin".....I used my '57 Conversion Lester for the slide and main solo,and tailed it with a strat.
    There's another blues tune on there somewhere using the Vox.
    Anyway,thanks for listening!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=330460

2. scottl

scottl Member

Nice to hear you again Refin! Amazing feel and touch as usual. It was definately relaxed! Really tasty playing my friend! Post more!

Scott

3. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Man, that's some sweet playin'. I also listened to the first song with the Jstation. Really nice too and good tones.

Peace,
    duffy

4. ivers

ivers Member

Awesome playing, and very nice as an overall listening experience. Seems like you really have your chops together as well.

Inspiring stuff! :dude

5. refin

refin Member

Thanks guys for the undeserved kind remarks......I'm just hackin' away trying to find notes.I've really been inspired to find such a small beast(Vox) that I can actually pick up and move from room to room.A good friend of mine who is a tube freak finally cashed in and got the 50 watter.
    Hey Scott,good to see you man! I've missed hearing you and seeing your posts elsewhere.Now I know where I can get my Lerner fix!

6. clayville

clayville Member

Refin -- that sounds as good today as it did before. Wonderful touch and great melodic work as always. You've sure been getting a great sound out of that l'il beastie!

I went rifling through the drawer and found my take from October. Not exactly in the same league, but I didn't hate its sort of Prom Night feel. A couple of layers of a CS-356 through a PodXT...
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=239050&songID=2939933

Scott: how those twins doing?

7. janoz

janoz Member

Hi Refin!
    Very nice tone!And superb emotional playing!!
    Reminds me a lot a a favorite laid back instrumentalrecord of mine by Neal Schon,same kind of vibe.
    Anyways great work!!

/A

8. refin

refin Member

Thanks Clay and Janoz.....
    I can't speak high enough about the Vox.It uses a 12AX7 in the power stage (!) and I'm still learning new tricks with it every time I use it (although I only have a few favs).Some of the onboard effects aren't all that bad,especially rotary.

9. journo

journo Member

Hi Refin,

I can't say I have heard any of your playing before but this track was absolutely wonderful. When I (a self confessed gear head) don't give a thought to gear or recording process but just listen and enjoy I know I listen to pure music.
    Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Mats N