Voxer Noodlings

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by cocheese, Jan 7, 2006.

1. cocheese

cocheese Supporting Member

Here is a little clip I made this afternoon of the Voxer trying to show just some power chords and open chords along with a little soloing. There's no backing, so it's kind of "naked" if you will. It is not a song or anything like that, just noodling...diarrhea of the hands really! :jo

Amp=Gabriel Voxer through the Vox/EF86 side (Volume at noon)
    Cab=Germino 2x12 open back with reissue Greenbacks
    Guitar=Greenwich Village 53 Blackguard Tele

Mic=Sennheiser 421
    Recorder=Mackie Onyx 400F

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=87399

2. Timster

Timster Member

Nice tone...and noodlin'

3. cocheese

Thanks Timster. The Voxer seems to get better sounding each time I plug in. It's kind of spooky! ;)

4. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

awsome tone, luckily ... it kind of sounds similar to my ftr 37 :)

5. scottl

scottl Member

Pretty sick stuff Tyler! You rock bro! Ya know, when you play the faster pentatonics, you remind me of my bud Josh Smith. That is a good thing!

I need to try me 421. That was sweet!

6. cocheese

curehardy,

I hear ya on that one. I had an FTR37 at two points in the past and I must agree. There are certainly similarities, especially in the click channel. Must be that preamp tube. Glad you enjoyed it!

ScottL,

Thanks man! You've got to be kidding me on the Josh Smith comparison. That guy is a monster and I'm a complete putz! I was watching his Prosound Communications video the other day. His playing is so clean and soulful. When he wants to burn, he CAN!

Yeah, you should try a 421. They have a really nice, round texture to it while still having enough edge to cut through. I tried my Beta 57, but it was just too harsh and brittle sounding. I've heard that regular 57's are not a strident as the Betas. I have the 421 pointed straght at the edge of the cone. I know that some just hang it over perpendicular to the speaker as well. I'd be frightened to hear your tone with a 421! YIKES!!!

7. jkr

jkr Supporting Member

It's very simple...... You can play! Sweet riffs and tone. I like the way the chords rings out. Let's hear the other side of the Voxer (or is that the other side of the voxer?). It sounds like your tele and that amp are a nice combo.

Awesome... give us another clip!:BEER

8. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

It doesn't get much more smooth or slippery than that
    Beautiful tone and playin!

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

9. cocheese

jkr,

Dang man! Thanks for the complements. Ok, I'll make some clips with the Marshall side of the Voxer next. It's not night and day because the power section is the same, but there are some differences in the gain. The 12AX7 side is smoother and not as toothy as the Vox/EF86 side. I like them both, but I could deal with a single channel Voxer. Gabi is making one of those for this year. They are sooooo cute; little short-box head and all.

HarryJ,

Thanks so much for the complements! You're clips and playing are models by which all are judged. I love the videos you have up. Talk about slippery and smooth...those bends just ooze off the fretboard.

Thanks to all of you. I'm glad that you guys enjoy these clips. It really means something coming from guys who can really play!

10. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Hey thx man :)
    That's what I love about this board. So many supportive warm folks!

HJ

11. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Really nice tone and playing- I wish I could "noodle" like that.

Mike

:RoCkIn

12. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Hey Tyler - everything there sounds great man!

13. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

that sounds great. i gotta get my clips to sound like that (gotta get the playing there first)

14. cocheese

HarryJ/mikem/Leonc/wsaraceni,

Thanks you guys! I'm flattered that you are enjoying them. I'm having a real blast making these clips. Next will be getting some of the written ideas I have been working on to "tape" or rather disc. Imagine that...making MUSIC!

15. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Tyler, Not familiar with those amps, but I get the drift of what they have going on. The amp really brings out the note distinction on your cool chord voicings. Lots of sweet top end stuff going on. You keep on "noodling", I'll keep on listening.:)

Peace,
    Duffy

16. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Hey Tyler,

Nice tones and playing! :BEER I really dug the alien clip. I thought the "saucers" were coming to get me. :eek:

VERY GOOD! .... What are you using for recording? Really nice clear sounds. VERY GOOD!

17. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Tyler,

That tone is awesome as well as is your playing. Kind of makes me want to put together a rig like that.

18. cocheese

Dang guys! I'm truly flattered that you are enjoying the clips! I'm having a really good time making them even though I wish I had more time to dedicate to recording. I have to just throw a mic up and hit record really quick before I get sidetracked (no pun intended).

duffyguitarman,

You can find out more about the Gabriel amps at www.gabtone.com Check out the Voxer "Low Carb" model which has the Vox channel only. That's essentially the same amp that I have sans the Marshall channel. For this clip I've used the Vox side. That amp looks so cute yet I know that it really rips! Gabi is doing some really cool things and has new stuff on the way for this next year. I look forward to the evolution of his creations for years to come. Give him a shout. He's a SUPER dude to work with!

Tag,

Hey, thanks! Glad you liked it. I've always evjoyed your clips. The Fuchs ones especially have me thinking...well...Fuchs. I even got a "VERY GOOD! VERY GOOD!" I'm honored! :)

For the recording side of things I'm using a Sennheiser 421 plugged straight into a Mackie Onyx 400F using the supplied Tracktion 2 software. The host machine is just my family PC, a Dell 2.4 Ghz desktop. I really like it for the good sound quality, the all-in-one aspect of it, and the ease of use. It's really as "plug and play" as it gets.

iluvstrats,

Your clips are my favorites. The B!%^h Move Your Car one still makes me giggle everytime I hear it! Pure genius in a Zappa meets Lowell George kind of way.

I'm glad you like the tone. I'm not much of a slide player, but this rig just WAILS for slide. Something about it just makes it probably my favorite slide amp ever. It just sings and has that fat/round kind of thing going on. Honestly, I've never sounded better playing slide than I do through this amp; compresses just right and the chords ring so nicely. Maybe it's that hot preamp tube with the EL84 power tubes? It's not overly loud either which makes it cool for lower volume gigging too. You really ought to try one if you get a chance.

19. scottl

scottl Member

Joe is da man! But, also check out John Findlay! He is the other man! LOL

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=123891

20. stratofied

stratofied Member

The Voxer clips sound great, nice playing Tyler. I would guess the amp was close to wide open, no?