1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

VS 1 Spot with the Algal Bloom?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Loki, May 21, 2011.

1. Loki

Loki Member

Hey guys,

i have bought an Algal Bloom Fuzz. Now i wonder which power supply suits its needs. I thought a Visual Sound 1 Spot would serve it pretty good - 9V fit. But do i have to take care for the Ampere also?

Thanks

2. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

The Algal Bloom uses standard powering. I power mine with a One Spot. It can be daisy chained and everything.

3. Loki

Loki Member

Thank you very much. I was unsure because it is my first pedal at all. I powered some with batteries but this is not possible with the Algal Bloom.

Excuse the question but a "Daisy Chain" just means you power several pedals with one "1 Spot"?

4. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

Right, you can get a 5 or 8 spot daisy chain for the 1 Spot to power multiple pedals at once. There are some fuzz pedals that use transistors that don't allow for daisy chaining with other typically powered pedals.

In my opinion, the Algal Bloom is an extremely nice pedal for your very first one! It's very versatile between different types of fuzz, overdrive, etc.

5. Loki

Loki Member

Great, thanks for the reply.

Burgs demoing the pedal gave me the final kick - stuck between the Algal Bloom or a Barbershop. But in this demo it seemed so versatile and useful that i've chosen it to be my first one :)

6. tomuchroc41gtr

tomuchroc41gtr Supporting Member

Not to highjack the thread topic but how do you like your Algal Bloom so far? I'm starting to get in to fuzz a little and have been debated (based off of Burg's demos too) the Algal Bloom and the Analog Alien Fuzzbubble. Would love to get your feedback on the AB. Thanks!