VS Audio Blackbird

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t think there’s been a thread on this, but I just picked one up and think it’s fabulous! Probably the best Fender style pedal I’ve ever played. If you get the chance to try one out go for it, I’m glad I did :aok.

Yeah definitely on my radar. Sounds awesome! I’m surprised there hasn’t been much mention of it here as all of the big YouTube demo guys have made a demo and the tones are right up the alley of a majority of the members here.

Twrogstudio

Yeah it surprised me too considering the amount of posts on drives of this style. If you’re a Fender style amp player it’s perfect. The only other pedal I’ve heard do it this well was the old Wampler Black 65.

Yeah definitely on my radar. Sounds awesome! I’m surprised there hasn’t been much mention of it here as all of the big YouTube demo guys have made a demo and the tones are right up the alley of a majority of the members here.

brain21

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know how the brownface sounds compare to the old Lovepedal Deluxe (the brownface one, not the blackface one), the Crazy Tube Circuits Falcon, and the Menatone Foxy Brown? Any other brownface pedals out there?

Zettemusik

Really sounds good. Too new maybe for many comparisons but I also have a comparison request though :) Anyone has been able to compare to the Quilter US (i know it is a different beast, but I mean in terms of tone).

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone know how the brownface sounds compare to the old Lovepedal Deluxe (the brownface one, not the blackface one), the Crazy Tube Circuits Falcon, and the Menatone Foxy Brown? Any other brownface pedals out there?

Bump because I'd love to know too!

sethoruss

The Deluxe version looks very interesting - they added an an effects loop, plus vibrato, and some more amp tweaks. Would love to try running this directly into my interface/Wall of Sound as an alternative to the UAD Dream.

sethoruss

I'm not sure, the gain switch has been removed in favor of a channel switch (blackface/brownface) and the era switch remains on the pedal.

Last edited:

guitback

It really is as good a pedal as everyone raves. After playing it through a couple of band practices, I wish it had a dedicated "bass" control though. I've owned and gigged with a number of blackface Fender amps and like many other folks, I've always kept the bass somewhere around 2 to 3 on the bass knob. This is a fabulous pedal, but it seems they hardwired that setting into the circuit. Does it sound like a blackface amp? Quite so. However, to my ears it has a bass cut as prominent as a Tubescreamer pedal. Is it still useable? Yes. Does it sound good? Oh my...yes. Would I rather have been able to dial in the bass setting to taste? Depending on which guitar I switch to during a gig....yep. The brownface setting of the pedal comes pretty close to my old '62 Deluxe (that I stupidly sold back in the 90's) and doesn't have quite the bass shelving that the BF setting does. If I had any idea how to mod the pedal, I'd do so simply to gain back a touch more low end in the BF setting. ****, the pedal is so good, I'd be willing to scar it up and put in a mini-bass pot if I knew how! Anybody know if this circuit is close another existing effect pedal???

Top Bottom