Vypyr 15 for $90 Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Maruuk, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Maruuk

Maruuk Member

Hey, I already have an SCXD, but with all the good press about the new Vypyr series (and yes, the terrible QC rep!), am I the only one thinking about taking advantage of the 10% off GC sale tomorrow and picking one of these interesting little bastards up for a song for the price of a tuner (which it has on board)? You can use the headphone jack for silent record out, it's got a jillion supposedly excellent efx, and pretty good models. I'm thinking I might get a few very useable recording tones out of it, and the kicker for me is I can plug my little drum machine right into the AUX jack and jam along, great for developing song ideas, something I can't do with my SCXD. Am I crazy or what?

2. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

What the hell is a Vypyr?? Geesh, I cant keep up with symbolism! LOL!!

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Member

Yeah, they're kinda running out of macho phallic potency metaphors for amps!

[​IMG]

4. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Wow!! Very nice! Thanks for the heads up Maruuk! How much are they normaly?

5. Maruuk

Maruuk Member

Well they go for $100 street normally, and tomorrow GC has 10% off on any one item. I just figured at half the price of a pedal, sheesh why not? Caveat on the QC tho, mucho bad reports of failures, problems with the noise gate, etc. But if you live within driving distance of a GC, they'll take it back no questions asked. I wouldn't order online to ship one tho, way too much hassle if you cop a dud.

6. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

What the hell happened to Peavey? They used to be ugly as sin, heavy as an elephant, and mixed reviews soundwise. But at least they were reliable. This is a computer with a speaker... made in China... No wonder they are having QC issues. $100 for an amp? Too good to be true?

dk

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  7. Maruuk

Maruuk Member

Well if you get one of the good ones, the tone reviews coming in from this series range from good to great. You can preset a few tones which for me is all I need, and the record out that kills the speaker is ideal for night recording.

8. StratTone

StratTone Member

Man I gotta tell you man this little Vypyr 15 that I bought is just outstanding!!! I had a child a year and a half ago and had been seeking something to practice with so I recently bought a Pocket Pod for late night jamming. The PP is ok for just jamming and I think makes great rhythems recording wise.

Anyway on to the point. My neighor wanted me to find them a cheap amp for there sone for christmas and I checked out the Vypyr 15 and was so blown away at this $100 amp not only did I tell them to get one but I did too and it just destroys the pod. You can not go wrong with this amp for $100.