Wacky SG spotted at GC--help!

colinesquire

Ooh, I might have to get one of those & put on a couple coats of truoil. Looks like you could add another volume for standard layout too. Baked maple fretboard?

SGspecial

It's a Guitar Center exclusive. I saw two of these at the Nashville store today. It's also in the GC catalog I got in the mail today.

package

Supporting Member
GC exclusive? That explains why there's no mention on the Gibson site. I think you could add another knob in the correct position. The cavity cover on the back looks stock. The finish is "just got sick" ugly. A little green. For some reason, I kind of like it. So un-guitar finish looking.

seth3

Something is very compelling about this one - the green/brown, the P90 conversion ability (to pair with the wraptail), the really low price...

I'd probably want a 2nd tone knob added, though.

*Updated!

I just played it last night - it played well, very clear tone. I'm pretty sure (99%) that the fretboard was maple, just stained dark.

Last edited:

package

Supporting Member
Hmm. If it's stained maple, that could account for its spankier tone. I'll have to take a closer look at that one by me.

Jimmy_Eff

I picked up one of these guitars from Dawsons Music in Leeds, England last April. Really nice guitar. I played it alongside a "proper" SG and preferred it as the finish on the neck was less sticky, and it was cheaper. The salesperson told me it was so cheap due to the lack of bridge, one less tone pot and you get a gigbag rather than a flightcase. Mixed with a set of Ernie Ball Heavy Top Skinny Bottom strings, this guitar sounds the beast!

Trending Topics