wah dissasembly

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jaywalker, Oct 13, 2008.

1. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Bugger, my old wah is causing me headaches again.
    I've spent the last hour looking for tips on how to dissasemble my old crybaby super to no avail.
    Problem is a broken rack gear - can't seem to get the pin out for one, and then after removing all visible screws from the base, the treadle doesn't seem to want to part company with the rest of the wah.
    The treadle pin seems to be stuck and doesn't want to budge, but i'm a little reluctant to hammer the bugger out due to the age of the old dear.
    you guys reckon a good wallop with a sledgehammer might help????, if not, how the hell do you remove the treadle??????
    TNX in advance.

2. Wilson Effects

Wilson Effects Member

You have to make sure that when you hammer the pin out that you are doing it in the right direction. I believe one end of the pin will have small teeth on it. You don't want to hammer that part of the pin through the pedal. Good luck also get a nice skinny drive pin that will help alot.

3. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I see. One end of the pin is bevelled, I assume that is the one that needs tapping???
    Thanks 4 input

4. Wilson Effects

Wilson Effects Member

Yup, be careful sometimes they can be pretty stuborn.

5. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

The end with teeth will move out, hammer the other end!